Chapter Twelve: Winter Break ❄️

Imani

I'm back in New York and it's been two weeks since I went back home to Miami and now its time to fufill my promise to Jay and Aria. Jay doesn't know about Valentino... yet. I'm nervous about introducing him to them. I know it's inevitable. I know Aria is going to droll over him, just like I did. She's probably going to cal him santa.

My phone buzzed and it was Aria telling me that they were getting on the plane now. She also texted me that Jay is being a little bitch. He's never actually been on a plane before. They should be here at about 11(am).

• 3 hours later•

Jaz and I are waiting outside the airport now and I'm hoping they're wearing jackets like I told them too. When they exited the doors I hopped out into the freezing weather. We packed hair luggage's into the trunk and Jay went on and on about the Audi SQ5.

When we pulled up to the apartment Aria refused to believe we actually live here. "You live here?" "Yup." On the elevator Aria couldn't get over the fact that there was a pool in the building. I pushed the key in the apartment door and turned it.

When I opened the door Chelsea and Valentino were sitting on the couch. I cursed in my head. "Hello, what are you doing here?" I asked and I could slowly feel myself turn red in anger.

"Nothing much." Valentino smiled and threw a piece of popcorn in his mouth. He's being real fucking petty right now. "Well I have company right now so leave." I smiled.

"Oh you do? We'll introduce us." He smirked. I gave the finger. "Aria, Jay this is Valentino my... my," "Boyfriend." He cut me off and gave them handshakes. "Oh my ovaries." Aria said not so quietly. "Nice tattoos man." Jay said and a scowl slowly formed on my face.

"Thanks... both of you." He smoothly said and Aria gripped my shoulder for "support" "This is Chelsea, my friend."

Jay stepped up, "Nice to meet you." He took her hand and kissed it. "You too." I stared blankly at all of them. I looked at Jaz for her opinion and she just cringed and looked away.

"Okay I will show you to your rooms." I said to them. "Would you like to help with the bags?" I looked at Valentino. He nodded and grabbed them both.

I took them upstairs and pushed open a door. Aria gasped first so I guess it's her room. The room had a bay window and looked over the park nicely. "Okay Aria this is your room." She grinned and Valentino put her suitcase in front of her bed.

I ushered Jay to the room next door that was jsut as great and he thanked me. Aria pulled me into her room. "Is that your sugar daddy?" I nodded. "He's a pain in the ass." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Why?" I shook my head. "Long story."

"Okay, so what's for lunch?" I shrugged. When we went downstairs the smell of food hit my nose.

Valentino was preparing some type of food. "What are you cooking?" I asked. "Tacos." He smiled and added some spices to the pot. "Okay." I nodded and Jay was sprawled out in the couch watching Netflix.

"Move." I smiled and rolled my eyes. He sat up reluctantly and in about 15 minutes Valentino brought out two trays that held different things.

The tray had taco shells, ground beef, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese and guacamole. He brought plates and the big ginger ale that was in the fridge. Aria got excited.

We all thanked him. "Where'd you learn to cook like this?" Aria asked with a mouthful of taco. "My mom mostly."

When we were done eating we decided that we didn't want to stay in the house all day. "Shopping?" Aria nodded frantically.

"What's our budget? Mom sent us with $250." Jay said. "I'll pay, there's no budget." Valentino spoke up.

Jaden leaned into Chelsea again and she pushed him over slightly. Poor kid. "I'm so excited. How do we have to dress I'm freaking out." I smiled and pulled her upstairs to my closet. She chose a really cute outfit.

We drove to Saks and she shopped her heart out. "I'm gonna flex so hard at school!" Her smile widened. "Yes you are." We bumped elbows and she turned to Valentino, "Thank you."

She hugged him. "Thank your sister she was so excited that you were coming and she has a whole bunch of things planned." I smiled at him for good mouthing me.

"Chipotle?" Jay smiled and wiggles his eyebrows.

•••

Later that day, Valentino pulled me to the side. "You still mad at me?" I gave him a flat look. "Yes you should've told me from the start!"

"I know-"

"No you don't fucking know! I've been forced into this life. Im looking over my shoulder 24/7 and I hate this stupid ass tattoo!" He sighed.

"Imani I'm so sorry but when I saw you I couldn't get myself to tell you. I knew that if you knew I would never be able to talk to you again. I want you in my life." He pulled me into a hug.

"This is not what I want Valentino."