Chapter One: Wallets Dropping

Imani's POV

"Jazmin did you finish the oatmeal?" I yell out to her.

"Yeah! Sorry." She had a guilty face and I just sighed and grabbed the cereal.

We just moved to New York from Miami and so far it hasn't been easy. Me and Jazmin have been joined at the hip since we were 3 and we've always had the dream of moving to New York since we've been here 2 times.

So we decided that when we turned twenty we would move out here together. I got the amazing opportunity to go to college at 16 and so I was able to graduate at 20.

I got my BA in phycology and I minored in communication.

We decided on a cheap 2 bedroom apartment in Brooklyn. I actually really like the neighborhood because of the people but Jaz managed to fight our next door neighbor the first day we got here.

Jaz won and ripped the girls eyelashes out. It was eventful. I started to scroll through my phone looking for jobs. I'm thinking about a Probation and Parole Officer or a Laboratory Assistant.

I see a job for a laboratory assistant in Manhattan. I love Manhattan and all the pretty lights. Some of the buildings are so elegant and the buildings with only numbers look awesome on the inside.

I bookmark the job and continue to eat my cereal. I heard Jaz sigh. I ignored her. She sighed louder. I rolled my eyes with a smile. She then wailed. Very loudly.

"Okay! What do you want?" I laughed. She sat with an innocent smile and her hands crossed. "I would like to go to 42nd st. and possibly shop." I looked at her like she had three heads.

"Jaz it's 70 degrees on a Friday morning, do you know how many people will be there? It'll be ridiculous." I waved my hands in the air. "Please Mani please." She shook my shoulders multiple times.

"Fine." I said and rolled my eyes to the back of my head. "Woop. Woop. I'm gonna look so cute." She raised her fists in the air then ran off to her bedroom.

I walked to my room and put in a simple grey spaghetti strapped jumpsuit and I tied my red and black checkered flannel around my waist and I slipped my black Jordan's on. Me and Jaz both walked out of our rooms at he same time and she was wearing her Calvin Klein grey sports bra and a matching skirt.

Her braids were in a tight high ponytail and she looked stunning. "I'm finna catch me a New York man." She said then whipped her ponytail. We both laughed and grabbed our bags. We got in my car that I've had since I lived in Miami.

I drive to 35th street and parked in a garage. "Why did you park so far?" Jaz complained. "You know I can't park anywhere closer and if I go any closer we'll be stuck in traffic until 8pm." I schooled her while pulling into the space.

We walked to 42nd street and wow. There are all different types of stores and there's a huge amc movie theater. Jaz dragged me into Madam Tussauds and payed for a tour.