Chapter Thirteen: Decompress

Before we start this chapter. I want to apologize for taking a whole 3 years to update this book. I have grown so much in the time and so has my writing style. But I love to stay consistent with how I write so I got y'all. Please forgive any mistakes!!!

If you're here from 2 years ago. I love you thank you so much for sticking with me. If you're new here, hey what's up :). Please forgive me y'all and enjoy this chapter. I'm trying my hardest to update this frequently. I'm so glad to be back :).

Aria

I woke up and head downstairs to see if anyone else was awake only to find everyone but my sister sitting on the couch speaking.

"Good morning." I smile.

"Your sister is missing." Valentino said. "What?" I asked. "I texted her, called her, I sent men to look for her. Nothing. Usually when she goes somewhere she'll leave a note." He rubbed his forehead.

"We have to go to the police!" I shouted. Chelsea snorted. "You want me to tell her?" She asked. Valentino nodded. "Hun cops don't necessarily like the mafia." That went straight over my head.

"What?" She held out her arm and I saw the tattoo. "Ohhhh. My sister is apart of the mafia? I'm gonna kill her!" I yelled.

Valentino held out his hand. "Shh, relax it's probably not that serious." He rubbed his temples. He acted stressed but I could tell he was scared.

"What happened?" I asked, my hands on my hips. He looked at me confused. "What did you do to Imani? She would never just up and leave like this." He sighed and all eyes were on him.

"We got into a little argument last night, but it wasn't big enough to make her just disappear like this." I sighed and sat down to collect my thoughts.

"Well I mean a lots been on her mind lately. She hates the tattoo and it's been really stressful for her." Jaz said while pacing back and forth.

I put my head in my hands and sighed deeply. I just hope she's safe and no one is hurting her.

•••
Imani

Yes, I did it. I got on a damn plane and went back to Miami. I need to see my mama and get my life back in order. It's hard for me to come to terms with being in the Mafia and I need to go back to my roots.

I knocked on the door to my moms house. She answered it and gasped, pulling me into a hug. "Imani, oh my god. How come you're here?" She asked pulling me into the house. I looked around at how beautiful it is. "I needed to see you mom, I'm in some deep shit."

I sighed deeply, thinking about how much of a risk I took coming here with no protection. "Valentino's in the mafia and now I am too. I didn't want to be but now there's no choice and I'm so sorry mom I don't know how I got into this." I rambled, tears slowly brimming my eyes.

She sat in shock for a second before sighing deeply. "My god, Imani." She said lowly, holding her head in her hands. I started to sob hysterically, pulling her into a hug and crying into her shoulder. "I'm so sorry mom." She shushes me and rubs my hair. "We'll figure it out Imani but you need to protect your siblings." She said.

I nodded, "You're all going to have protection mom. All of you, even when they go to school or the store I don't care." I said, sniffling. "And you have to keep yourself safe too, you're my eldest." She rocked me side to side softly.

I stayed at her house for the rest of the night, catching up and trying to pretend my life was normal.

The next morning, I decided to take myself on a beach date. I need to decompress. I got into my black bathing suit and headed there. When I got there, I sat in the sand and scrolled through my phone. Countless messages and calls from Valentino and everyone else distracted me. I decided to call him.

"Hello? Imani?" He asked.

"Hey Valentino, I'm sorry for disappearing on everyone. I freaked out and I needed to catch some air."

"Catch some air, Imani? We were so worried" he sighed heavily. "But I'm glad you're okay, what are you doing?"

"I'm on the beach, I'm trying to chill out before I come back to the city. I have a feeling it's going to be crazy." I said, picking at the the loose strands in my towel.

"Yeah it probably is, I've missed talking to you. When you come back, we need to talk about us." He said with a monotone voice. I smiled slightly. He is an asshat but he's good to me.

"Yeah we'll talk Valentino, see you tomorrow." I said, hanging up the phone.

I stayed for a few hours before I packed up my stuff, texting Jazmin in the mix. She's busy living her best life and I love it. I can't wait to do fancy shit with her again when I get back.

The next day, I head downstairs and said my goodbyes to my mom. I hugged her tight and promised to send protection for her. I pack up my book bag and hop on a flight with my hoodie and hat covering majority of my face.

When we landed in the city, I called an Uber and headed to our penthouse. When I opened up the door, shock filled my veins.

"Oh my god."