XXIV - girl at party

You'd never expect visitors on a Thursday night. But when you're me with an undeniably huge stack of problems, then its different.

"What are all of you doing here?" I asked as I pulled the door open.

There stood Tom, Owen and Bryce, with big scowls and clenched fists.

"Quit playing games, Indie." Tom spat, he pushed past me, the other two following him in tow.

"Bryce?" I asked in bewilderment.

"Who was she?" Bryce took a step forward and towered above me.

Why is he here?

"Who's she?" I asked, still confused by their sudden appearance.

"You know who!" Owen growled and stepped closer to me, dwarfing me.

"Easy, dude." Bryce tried calming him down and grabbed his upper arm, "We're here to interrogate, not frighten." He pulled him away from me.

"Interrogate?"

"India, who was that girl at the party?" Tom asked me, his voice calmer than before.

"What party?"

"The one we went to last summer." Tom groaned. "Do you know her?"

"Which girl? There were hundreds at that party." I sighed, finally taking the right track on this whole situation.

I only went to one party last summer with Tom and Willow. All of us got drunk that night and I forgot most of it. So if they were asking me to remember a girl then they were going bonkers.

Tom groaned and aggressively rubbed his face with his hands.

I turned to face Bryce, he looked more pale and queasier than usual. He looked different. But to be honest, I never saw much of him in the first place. Bryce never went to our school, but he always threw killer parties around town. He'd mash up all schoolmates from different schools and make them party together. That's how he met Willow.

The party we went to last summer was Bryce's...

I found the puzzle pieces, but they still don't seem to fit quite right yet.

"Indie, remember truth or dare?" Tom mumbled into his hands that were still on his face.

"During the party?"

"Yes." He grumbled.

"I don't remember what happened during that game." I replied as honestly as possible.

"Do you remember Willow kissing a girl?" Bryce asked me.

I paused and thought really hard about it.

Willow kissed a girl?

But why?

"Someone dared her and she apparently liked it... who was she? Who did you dare Willow to kiss?" Owen asked me.

They were basically throwing jigsaw puzzle pieces at me. It was now a 10,000 piece box set. It was getting impossible to understand.

Wait... I dared Willow?

"She dared Willow?" Tom asked, basically reading my mind before averting his attention to Owen.

"Who told you she did it?" Bryce tensed up, finally letting go of Owen's arm.

"I-uh-I heard people talking about it." Owen stammered.

"Were you there?" Bryce asked, looking hurt.