XII - rain

It had been two weeks since Willow gave me all my stuff back.

I'd spot her or Tom in the school hallways, but never bothering to say hi.

Thunder boomed as the rain showered onto our tiny town.

It was well past 11PM and Aunt Donna was asleep in her room on this Saturday night.

I wasn't shocked that she was sleeping through all this. That woman could sleep through World War III if she wanted to.

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, watching the bad soap opera again.

Apparently, the mom wasn't actually the mom, but the daughter's sister. Mindfuck.

'What the fuck?' I mouthed with every weird event that occurred on my TV.

My phone buzzed beside me and I ignored it completely.

I knew it was Reed.

He cancelled on our date tonight to throw a party tonight. It pissed me off and I just didn't want to talk to him right now.

The rain slowly stopped and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't expecting that someone would knock on my window.

I got up and walked over to the window and pulling it up.

Michael stood there with his permanent smirk and stared up at the sky.

"The rain finally stopped." He remarked as he brought his gaze down to meet mine.

"And you're heading out?" I asked. But I already knew the answer.

"You should come." He offered.

"I don't know." I shook my head.

It was getting late. What could they possibly have planned for today? It could rain again any minute now.

"We're not doing anything big today, we're just gonna chill." He assured.

-

We were now all standing in an almost deserted street.

Our cars parked on one side of the road next to us as we stood on the sidewalk.

It was starting to rain again and we were all standing around Layla, who was convinced that she could light up her cigarette under the showering rain.

There was no shelter here other than the cars, which we naively ignored, so she tried to shelter it with her hand.

"Give up, Lay. Its never gonna work." Ashton scoffed at her as the rain pounded on our heads.

"Yes it will." Layla answered confidently.

She flicked on the lighter repeatedly while she balanced the cigarette in between her lips. The other hand hovered over the lighter to stop the rain from falling.

But no matter what, the rain trickled under her hand and put out the flame.

"God!" She yelled as she found out that the cigarette was soaked and threw it on the ground before stomping on it.

"Told you." Ashton chuckled.

But she just wouldn't give up, she pulled out another one.

They were all laughing hysterically at her, except for Michael.

Michael was leaned up against the brick wall next to us. The corners of his lips tugged up, like always.

I slowly walked over to him and leaned up against the wall next to him.