IX - carter's stop

"Michael!" I yelled as he hit the breaks with such force that if it wasn't for my seatbelt, I would've flown right through the windshield.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

He was texting with his phone on his lap.

"Green light." I told him, reminding him that he was the one behind the wheel.

He hit the accelerator forcefully. Again, almost launching me through the windshield.

Thank you creator of the seatbelt.

After a few minutes of driving, Michael turned off the street and onto a dirt road. That's when I started to get suspicious.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Some abandoned store?" He shrugged.

He stopped in front of a large, wired fence that stretched out across the rest of the dirt road and was 10 foot tall. There were signs everywhere that told us No Trespassing.

Michael climbed out of the car and I followed him out.

He began walking down the fence, me following in tow. His hands deeply shoved into his pockets as he kicked at the ground causing some pebbles to bounce around.

I tried looking past the fence, but it was foggy. Nothing was clear.

"Took you long enough, Clifford." Someone said with great annoyance in his tone. I was hiding behind Michael, so I couldn't tell who was speaking.

"Sorry, I had to pick something up." He took a sidestep, revealing me to the boy who spoke and some other people.

I recognized two of the people here, Calum and Rae.

"Hey, you're that girl that wanted pizza desperately." Rae said, like it was the most honorable thing to say.

Calum roughly elbowed her side and sent her a glare.

"Who's this?" A blonde boy asked and nodded towards me.

"Guys, this is India." He pointed to me. "India," he turned to me, "Thats Ashton, Layla, Luke, Calum and his slut." He pointed to each person individually.

The slut being Rae. I tried holding back a laugh but let it out when everyone else bursted into a fit.

Ashton had brown curly hair that was covered under his beanie, just a few strands poking out.

Layla was the shortest of them all and had blonde hair that stopped right above her shoulders.

Luke had blonde hair too, and his quiff made him seem taller than the rest.

Calum had dark hair, that was nicely tucked in under his snapback. And surely, he had a flip phone sticking out of his front picket.

Rae was taller than me, her soft, brown hair reached down her chest and stopped right below her boobs.

They were all dressed in dark clothes, sort if like Michael.

That's how I'll remember.

Rae scoffed and flipped him off, earning another laugh from Calum.

"What are we doing?" I asked no one in particular, because right now I just wanted answers.

"We're gonna break into that place." Layla answered, pointing to whatever was behind the 10 foot fence and fog.

I focused a bit and tried to figure out what they were pointing at.

At some point, I saw a figure in the distance, it looked small, but I guess it was just the distance that distorted its real size.