XXXI - and?

We reached the bottom of the stairs, Michael swiftly turned and lead me to his car that he had parked across the street.

Our fingers interlocked, he lead me to the passenger side and opened the door, I quietly climbed in and reluctantly let go of his hand.

He closed the door with a faint smile on his face, walking around the car to climb into the driver's seat.

As soon as he did, he grabbed my hand again and kissed my knuckles.

I felt shivers go down my spine once he did. I guess I'd never get used to him being like that around me.

The April weather was the most unexpecting, but today seemed like a clear sky with a couple stars.

I could see the few stars and they increased as the clouds floated away.

Michael drove us around for a while and I was too nervous to ask where we were going, but he came to a stop after a few minutes.

There was a picketed fence and I already knew where we were.

The boardwalk ahead was empty and clean. The pebbles - where most countries would have sand instead - was wet from this late afternoon's rain.

Michael turned the engine off and climbed out, so I did the same.

I followed him down the beach and smelled the sea salt in the air. It was satisfying.

"The stars are pretty tonight," Michael stopped by the shoreline and pointed upwards.

I looked up and stared in awe.

"Yeah..." I breathed out.

"So you agree?" Michael looked over his shoulder to look at me momentarily, chuckling before turning back around again.

I walked over to his side and laced our fingers loosely

"Why'd you take me here?"

"I took you to so many places over the weekends, I wanted something a little calm this time," he explained.

I nodded slowly.

"Good choice," I nudged his side.

"Wait," Michael let go of my hand and fished his phone of his pocket.

He began pushing a couple buttons on it before walking a little far away from the shoreline and placing it in between the rubble, he walked back to me and turned me around so the sea was facing my right and his left.

I heard faint music come from his phone before I recognized the song immediately.

"Our sappy song?" I mumbled but bit back a smile.

He grabbed me by my waist and I didn't protest as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Dance with me again?" He leaned in to whisper in my ear sweetly.

"Uh huh," I nodded, not being able to bite my smile back anymore.

Michael rested his chin on my shoulder as he slowly swayed his body to the rhythm of the song.

I followed his lead and noticed that he kicked his shoes off halfway and lead his feet towards the sea.

His feet - including his socks - dipped into the water and he dampened the ends of his jean, but he didn't hesitate before he pulled me in with him, with my sneakers and jeans.

"Michael, I don't like getting my feet wet," I groused playfully.

"Too bad," he shrugged, swinging our bodies as the song picked up pace.