XXV - hurting

Why did I trust Michael Clifford when he told me that everything was gonna be alright once we completely sneak into the town's public pool at night?

Because he's never been wrong about these things before.

Why did I believe him when he said that it was okay for me to strip out of my clothes, leaving me in my underwear and jumping into the icy cold pool to join him?

Because he sounded so inducing and persuasive.

Why was I now making out with him while we were only in our cold, wet underwear in the pool?

Because I actually think that I might be falling in love with this boy.

But why can't I believe him when he tells me that he was not involved with Willow and Bryce's breakup?

Because I was a little shit that was just like this for no absolute reason.

"India..." Michael mumbled into the kiss and pressed me against the tiled wall of the pool, "are you okay?" He pulled away and blinked down at me, a concerned expression plastered across his face.

I stared up at him and watched his green eyes twinkle at the same time as the stars that shone above us.

I nodded and pursed my lips, "Yeah, why?"

"You just seemed a bit off in the middle of the kiss." He giggled, dipping his head down and leaving butterfly kisses down my neck.

"I was?" I let out a nervous chuckle, earning a hum of response from Michael as he kept kissing me until he reached my collarbone.

"I guess I was just thinking..." I trailed off, not knowing how to continue what I wanted to say.

"Thinking about what?" Michael pulled away and looked down at me with a smug smirk on his lips.

I quickly wracked my brain for anything, anything at all, to not make the subject about Bryce and Willow.

"Of how I'm supposed to get home tonight without having to worry Donna." I internally gave myself a pat on the back for not saying something entirely stupid but wanted to physically slap myself for having a bad excuse.

"She'll be fine." Michael leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. "You'll be fine." He whispered before kissing my lips even harder than before, heating up the kiss into another make out session.

Our hands roamed each other's half naked bodies. I was feeling a bit insecure when Michael's hands caressed down my curves.

Nobody has ever seen me like this. Not even one of the Edwards.

Do you see how much I trust this boy?

But this one little thorn seems to never leave my side, making me doubt his loyalty towards me.

Michael's lips formed into a smile when his hands trailed down my back and stayed put above my ass.

I couldn't resist doing the same thing that he was thinking of, but I tried to, knowing that this would mean that everything was going back to normal when it really doesn't feel the same anymore.

Michael slid his hands down and finally had a grip on my butt, squeezing it and making me slightly jump and wrap my legs around his torso.

"I never get tired of holding your ass." He murmured into the kiss.

I forced a small smile and held the sides of his face in between my hands.

After a while, we got tired of kissing. So Michael just pulled away but my legs were still wrapped around his waist.