XXVI - laser tag

I always thought that my phone wasn't as important as most people made electrical devices seem.

But I'm in fucking pain.

Aunt Donna has been doing nothing but suspending my freedom these past few weeks and I was about to lose my shit if she decided to create a new rule during my time of being grounded.

I mean, thousands people snuck into a public pool before, why am I in such pain?

I've been complaining about how dull and utterly boring being grounded was for three weeks... and then it hit me.

Michael has been ignoring me.

Ever since what happened that night, he hasn't spoken to me or made any efforts either.

I was sort of upset with him, but I fucking miss him like crazy.

Midterms are approaching, and that only stresses me out even more.

My grades have been dropping and I have no idea how to handle all of this shit anymore.

Aunt Donna took away my computer, so I was forced to type out my book reports at the school library.

Unfortunately, I never encountered Michael there like I used to.

It was Friday and I was emptying my locker for the weekend when someone walked up to me.

"Hey." Layla greeted me, leaning up against the locker next to me once I shut my locker.

"Hey," I replied, slinging my bag over my shoulder and giving her my full attention, "what are you doing here? You don't go to school here."

"I know," She laughed, "I know someone that goes here." She bit back a smile.

"Oh, is it me?" I joked.

"Yes and no." She laughed nervously, "I made a friend over the summer and I just wanted to say hi before the gang and I head out." She pointed down the hall which lead to the school's entrance.

"Have you spoken to Michael lately?" I sighed, remembering how I can't spend time with the gang anymore.

"No," she shook her head, "he's grounded and doesn't have his phone anymore." She informed me.

"Oh." I nodded, noticing how awkward the atmosphere was getting.

There was a silence before Layla broke it again.

"Hey, do you wanna come and hang out with us tonight?" Layla offered. "We're gonna go check out that new game the arcade opened up, laser tag."

"I'm grounded." I groaned. Aunt Donna demanded that I get home as soon as school was over. She had plans on getting revenge on another ex - completely ignoring my words a few weeks ago - and expects me to help out like I used to.

"So?" Layla scoffed, "Come on, it'll be fun." She grabbed my forearm.

"Is Michael going to be there?" I asked, not really wanting to see him for a while.

"No." She smiled and began dragging me down the hall, "Come on..."

-

"What are you doing here?" Michael growled as Layla and I approached their table in the corner of the arcade food court.

"What are you doing here?" I repeated and folded my arms over my chest.

"I asked you first!" He hollered, standing up from his seat and already towering over me.

"Michael, you're scaring children." Ashton grumbled from his spot at the table, covering his face in his hands.

Everyone was seated and were clearly having lunch before Layla and I showed up. The arcade was packed with twelve year olds, spending all their allowances on the arcade games and other stuff here.