XI - apologies

Willow came up to my apartment building this Saturday afternoon.

"Here." She held up a box that had my name scribbled onto the side.

"W-what's this?" I questioned. The top was sealed with duck tape.

"All the shit that I ever borrowed from you." She scoffed and practically threw the cardboard box into my arms.

Luckily I caught a hold of it before it fell.

"I didn't really borrow anything from you." I muttered and shook my head.

Willow would borrow a lot of things from me and never return them, while I on the other hand would borrow her lipgloss and give it back right away.

"I know." She nodded slowly and began walking away.

"Wait! Willow." I called after her, dumping the box down by the door and jogging up to her in the hallway.

"What?" She replied coldly before turning around to face me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

She didn't look like herself.

She used always wear her long, blonde hair down, now it was chopped into a bob-cut and scraped into a ponytail with a few loose strands poking out.

She used to never wear her glasses, she always wore contacts, but now she wore thick-framed glasses that fell to the tip if her nose.

Her good posture was totally thrown out the window, her back was slouched and her head was low.

Her pretty smile was tugged downwards into a frown.

Did I do this to her?

"I just don't think we could be friends anymore." She whispered.

"Why not?" I whispered back.

"Because you're the reason Bryce left me." She choked back a sob.

"Willow, whatever I did, I'm sorry." I apologized

I would never think of breaking Bryce and Willow apart. They were inseparable.

"It doesn't matter. What matters was that you ruined us and I could never forgive you for it." Her words stung like poison.

I was taken aback by her words and was too busy processing them to notice her leave me in the hallway and take the lift downstairs.

I shook my head in bewilderment as I walked back to my apartment and closed the door behind me.

I went into my room with the box and sliced the duck tape open.

It contained many things.

Clothes, make up, accessories... stuff your best friend would borrow.

What sucked was the she also threw all of the photos we took together in here too.

She was completely erasing me from her life.

And I was determined to find out why.

-

English class on Monday today, was more interesting than usual.

There's this new kid that thinks he's cool by causing a lot of mischief and trouble for himself.

The irritated look on Mr. Price was, well... priceless.

"You don't even teach us shit!" The new kid, Owen, scoffed from his seat at the back of the class.

"Young man, language!" Mr. Price's voice cracked with nervousness.