XXVIII - michael

Michael's POV

Maybe it was the way she used to say my name.

Or was it the way she looked at me, like she could read my mind but actually couldn't.

It was just hard to explain.

Describing her best aspects was like trying to explain the flavor of water.

But she was no water.

She was delectable, gratifying and vibrant.

Each mouthful of her thoughts was intriguing.

Its like... her world of curiosity is endless.

I look at her... and I see galaxies in her eyes.

I was always cautious when it came to touching her. Like she was gravel, ready to tremble and topple over with a single blow.

I always admired her questions. Even when they got sort of stupid and were out of the blue.

She was always suspicious, which was just absurdly lovely.

I can always feel her eyes on me, and I always have to take a deep breath before looking at her.

She used to look so normal and average at the beginning, but I still haven't unravelled her story.

I wanted to tell her. Its all I want to do. But I don't want her to know me for... me.

She is the only reason I'm still here. I could be flying halfway across this fucking planet, but I can't just leave... not yet.

I need to fix this.

I knew that I was the reason for her previous dark state.

If it was one thing that Anu has told me that hasn't went through one ear and out the other, it was that I should never let a woman go to bed mad. If she goes to bed with an angry conscious, she'll toss and turn as her mind races with thousands of reasons to hate the world. I'd hate to be the reason for that.

I need to fix this.

It may not be as broken as I am, but I'll have to.

But I still haven't told her anything.

I lied to her...

I would fucking beat myself up if I was brave enough to actually look at myself in the mirror.

I lied to a lot of people, but the only lies that I regret telling were the ones that I told her.

She deserves better.

But no one knew how to be better.

I wasn't good enough for her. I never will be. But I'm willing to protect her until she finds that one person that can love her the correct way. That can love her and give her honesty, loyalty and everything that she ever deserved.

Most people have their princesses in their fairy tales.

She was my fucking queen.

I worship the ground that she walked on.

I never knew what love was.

I was told that it wasn't real. It was made up.

Is a pounding heart and shaky voice fake? Are sweaty palms and the fear of making eye contact false? I would fucking jump off a fucking cliff in a single heartbeat for that girl.

I don't know the definition of love.

I checked the dictionary. But its probably lying.

A book doesn't know what feelings are, but they sure can give them to you.