Chapter 15 - My life has begun because you're the one holding me

A/N The title is a lyric from a song called 'Holding me', from the animated Titanic movie. It is one of the worst animations out there, so I don't recommend watching it. The only good thing about the movie is this particular song. 

A/N Hard sexual content in this chapter

The hall went into a frenzy. Everyone was talking, one voice drowning out the other, wildly speculating at what had occurred, and most importantly, what had happened to the Crown Prince of Asgard. This was, of course, something Odin wanted to know as well. He told Frigga to remain in the hall with Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three to settle the restless crowd whilst he 'investigated the matter further.'
Accompanied by some guards, Odin led the newlyweds to Loki's chamber. Astrid meant to follow but Sigyn warned her not to. The Allfather kept a kingly restraint, but one look at his thunderous expression said enough; he was absolutely livid. She feared the worst would happen. What possessed Loki to do this?! And what happened to Thor?! 

"Loki, what have you done?" asked Sigyn anxiously, her voice barely audible.

"Do not worry," whispered Loki in response, his fingers brushing against Sigyn's hand. "All will be well."

When they finally arrived at Loki's chamber, Odin threw open the door. The guards inside jumped up at the sudden intrusion. They looked quite baffled when the Allfather entered with Sigyn and Loki. Their heads turned back to another Loki, sitting up against the headrest of the bed and not at all surprised at his visitors.

"Did it work?"

"Oh yes, it worked."

Loki gave a little wave with his hand, and the version of himself that was on the bed transformed back into the man he really was. Back into Thor.
Everyone's eyes flashed from one prince to the other - except Odin. The King of Asgard kept his head down. His knuckles were white as he gripped Gungnir tightly.

"I need a moment with my sons and Lady Sigyn. Everyone else; go."

The four guards hurried out at the sound of his bloodcurdling voice, shutting the door behind them. Their footsteps receded, going further and further from the chamber. They didn't want to be anywhere near when Odin was likely to tear that room apart.
Thor swung his legs off Loki's bed and came to stand beside his brother. When she saw them grinning, Sigyn began to realise that this wasn't Loki's doing alone. Thor was clearly involved in the scheme, and quite willingly it seemed.

"I understand your anger, Father," said Thor calmly. "And I take responsibility, as I am the one who set Loki free and came up with this ruse. Know I would not have done this if I did not believe it necessary."

"Necessary? NECESSARY?! You have defied me! You have made a travesty of us all! You have mocked not only the people of Asgard but your family as well! What could possibly justify your actions?!"

"Love."

This took the Allfather aback. He stared at his son as if he had gone mad. Thor seized the opportunity to continue now that his father had fallen silent.

"I did not say I would be Sigyn's husband when I proposed the wedding be brought forward. It was my first intention, I'll admit. But only if Loki could not convince me that he loved Sigyn. Which he did. When I brought her to see him yesterday, I did not see the reaction of a Trickster who lost a coveted prize. I saw a man enraged after being told the woman he loves was to marry another, to save both herself and him. I saw the same broken heart in Loki as I saw in Sigyn. So yes, I freed him. I took his place, and he mine. If you want somebody to take the blame for this, if you want somebody to explain it to our people, I will gladly do it. But I will not stand in the way of their love, nor should you or anyone else. This was the only correct course of action, Father."