Chapter 4 - You keep on denying who you are and how you're feeling

During the following weeks, Thor made it a point not to speak or be near Sigyn unless absolutely necessary. Odin had urged the pair to put their differences aside and accept each other as they were, for the sake of their impending marriage and the future of Asgard, but Thor had no intention of letting matters rest.
Thor found the tales the Warriors Three told were not at all as he recalled. Even Sif's account of what had transpired on the training grounds differed. The Crown Prince was certain Loki changed or possibly even erased his friends' memories of Sigyn using magic. Part of him wanted to believe his brother had done so to protect his betrothed. But Loki never did anything out of the goodness of his heart. He always had his reasons, and he always had his schemes. Thor loved him dearly, and he was grateful Loki saved his life, of course, but sometimes...
And what of Sigyn? Thor didn't know what to think of her anymore. He made a mistake in believing she was only a sweet and beautiful maiden. Sigyn held a power that could make her a potential menace to the people of Asgard.

This begged the question whether Frigga was aware of what Sigyn could do. Surely she must be? Thor found it hard to believe his mother wouldn't have sensed magic within Sigyn when they first met. The Queen was a mighty sorceress herself, descended from witches, and would not purposely put her sons or her kingdom in danger.
Perhaps he should speak to her about his concerns. If only to learn more of the woman he was to marry. If Frigga deemed her safe, he would attempt to start anew with Sigyn. But if she admitted to having made a mistake as well, Thor had no choice. He was the Crown Prince of Asgard, the firstborn son of Odin, and protector of the Nine Realms. If Sigyn posed a threat, he would not hesitate to act.

And as for Loki... Thor would need to know what his brother's plans were with the young woman as well. He could ask Sif or one of the Warriors Three to follow Loki and Sigyn around, but Loki had his ways of travelling without being seen. There was only one other he could turn to. Only one who saw all within the Nine Realms.

"It has been some time since we last saw each other, Thor Odinson. Yet, considering what has happened, I hold no grudge."

"Heimdall." Thor smirked as he descended from his horse and greeted the dark-skinned Gatekeeper and Guardian of the Bifrost heartily with a fond embrace.

"How are you feeling?" asked Heimdall, his all-seeing golden eyes going over Thor's body.

"Well enough. My bones have regrown, and my organs and skin have healed. I have some difficulty still using my hand, but this too will heal with time." Thor took a breath before he continued, "Forgive me. I come with an ulterior motive, but I desperately require your help, my friend."

"Would this, by chance, have to do with the incident? With your betrothed and her magic?"

"What do you know of it? Sif and the Warriors tell of an enchantment on Sigyn's hand mirror clashing against Mjölnir. My mother took the mirror and said it was protected by blood magic, even showing it to my father, but I doubt this caused the explosion. Neither does it explain how Sigyn could melt my hammer with nothing but her bare hand. Her companion and my brother tell the same story as the others, but I have my suspicions. Astrid has been with Sigyn for years and will do anything to protect her. As for Loki... he is Loki. There is always a reason he does things. I do not know what to believe anymore."

"Believe your own mind, for it is not wrong," said Heimdall. "The stories I have heard are not what my eyes told me that day. I sensed an enormous energy within Asgard and searched for it, believing we were under attack. I did not expect to see what I saw. Sigyn possesses a dangerous and uncontrollable force within her, one believed to have been extinct centuries ago."

"You know what she is, then?" inquired Thor, his brow raised.

"I have my suspicion."

"Which is?"