12

Merlin's pov:

I woke up full of energy. I stood up and thought about what happened last night. I smiled at the thought that Y/n thinks that we are true heroes even in this dwarf form. I then suddenly remembered that today is get birthday. I changed and went out. I started to knock on everybody's door and asked them to come to the kitchen, and not tell Y/n about this.

After some minutes we were all in the kitchen.

A: So Merlin why did you wanted to meet?

M: Glad you asked guys. Today is Y/n's birthday. And I wanted to ask you what can we do?

H: Oh oh. I can make a wonderful cake for her.

J: I can prepare the present.

P, N, K: We can make something for Fang.

M: These are great ideas guys.

A: Why are we doing all these things for her? She might be a witch. Witches are evil.

R: If witches are evil I don't think Y/n Is a witch. She told me to stay hidden and don't get out of my room until one of you came at me when Prince Average came. She lied and dar willing to take my place just to keep me safe. I think that doing something for her birthday is the least I can do.

A: Of course. I am sorry. I don't know why I even considered Y/n a witch.

I frowned at his comment. Of course he wants to be on Red's good side but what he is saying about Y/n Is not helping him in Red's eyes.

M: Ok guys. Me, Red and Arthur are going to wake up Y/n. Let's go guys. We walked to get room and I put myself on the doorknob. I looked at Red and Arthur.

M: Ready?

They nodded and Red was having a little to explode of enthusiasm. I pressed the doorknob and pushed the door.

M, R, A: SURPRISE!

We screamed but the room was empty. I looked in the room and saw that Y/n's cape and basket were missing.

R: Maybe she went to a walk with Fang. She does it often.

A: I think we need to wait for her in the kitchen and call the guys to surprise her.

They walked out of the room. I let out a tired sigh and started to walk out. I stopped when I saw Y/n's guitar on her bed. On it was a note. I took it and read.

" Dear friends,
I want to thank you for your warm welcome, well some of them. I bet by the time you read this Merlin has already told you that is my birthday. I wish to spend it with you but a problem happened. I need some answers about myself so I need to go back to my home. My parents are coming home too, and it's our tradition to spend my birthday with them. Don't worry, I will come back. Until then try and find Red's father. I am proud and respect all of you. See you soon. And Merlin, keep my guitar, this way I have a reason to come back ;).
Love, your friend Y/n."

I read it sad. She went home. Why didn't she said goodbye? Why didn't she told me about this last night? What questions about herself? Is it about her eyes?

I made my ways to the kitchen and sit down at the table.

H: Hey Merlin. Why the long face?

A: Maybe he is sad that he is not the first thing Y/n is seeing every morning when she wakes up.

M: It's not that guys. Y/n left and went home.

R: What? Why?

M: It's her familly tradition to spend get birthday with her parents, and they are coming home from their trip.

A: How do you know all that?

M: She left a note. Guess we are not celebrating anything today.

I said that sad and looked down. Red came at me and grabbed my chin making me look up at her.

R: Hey, don't be sad. Let's go and do something to forget about it. I am sure Y/n Is going to come back when we will need her.

I smiled at her sentence. She is right. Y/n said that she will come back, to help us. It's just now she has her own problems.

M: Ok then. Let's not waste time and try to find your father.

R: That's the Merlin I like to see.

I smiled and we all went out to think of a plan.