•SIX•

Conscious sat at the end of the bed she was given by the Weasley's, her legs crossed as she kept her hands in her lap. Harry sat across from her at the desk. The room was actually used for storage but they were able to turn it into a small room for her, covered in wards. The bed laid on the left side of the room, the desk opposite of it and a small dresser next to the desk. Silence, the room was absolutely silent.

"I don't believe your friends like me all to much." Conscious finally spoke.

"They are only afraid." Harry replied.

"And you aren't?"

He paused. "I should be, shouldn't I? I should hold the same attitude they have for you but I don't, I can't."

"I have no means of harming you boy, your far more precious alive then dead."

Harry shifted. "What do you mean? You would've killed me if I weren't important?"

"If you were a threat perhaps." Conscious shrugged. "Though I said you and I were going to get along, didn't I?"

"Conscious can I ask you something?" Harry asked suddenly.

She nodded.

"Tom Riddle, you knew him." Harry stated. "What was he like?"

She hadn't expect this to be what he wanted to ask her, she was expecting him to demand answers, not want to know what Tom was like.

"You wish to know about Tom?"

Harry nodded. "We're alike, aren't we? I mean that's what you said."

She looked at him, before sighing. "Well you two are alike in magical senses, your wand you have the same core as him but I don't know a whole lot about you boy."

Harry flushed red quickly. "Oh well, I mean that's true."

He'd forgotten she didn't know him, she didn't hear all the stories about him, how famous he was.

"Tell me about you Harry." Conscious said. "What's it like being the boy who lived? The golden boy."

"Well uh, you already know I'm an orphan, he murdered my parents but I'm not even sure why. I know my parents were light but I mean he must have had a reason to kill them at his own hands." Harry started.

"Yes I was think about that, why he went to kill them himself. Tom's always been smart and he always had a plan for any action he took, so I believe there has to be a reason, your parents must have known or done something worthy enough to be killed." Conscious agreed. "Continue, where did you grow up? An Orphanage?"

He shook his head. "No, I lived with muggles, my Aunt and Uncle."

"Muggles. You call them muggles not family, you resent them?" Conscious picked up on his choice of words.

"We just.. don't get along." Harry sighed, playing with his thumbs.

The muggles seemed to be a sore spot for Harry she noticed, his whole demeanour just switched.

"In what sense?" She pushed.

"They called me a freak, my magic they despise the idea of it. They always hated me, treated me as a burden rather than family, but I'd rather not uh walk down that path." Harry explained, looking at her.

"Tom is an orphan as well, he lived in an muggle Orphanage his entire life, from birth til he graduated Hogwarts. He was treated as a freak as well, until he used his power to protect himself. You can say his hatred for muggles begun at a very young age." Conscious told him.