•NINETEEN•

With the fall term coming to an end, both classes had finally finished their last tests. Conscious was given the task to mark them both leaving her with loads of paper work to pan through. With a sigh she sat back from her desk looking at the remaining paper work. It'd been a few weeks since she had last saw Tom and it was harder than she thought, being separated again.

She missed him, she really did. She glanced out the window, wondering if she should pay a visit to the Malfoy Manor, though leaving without Dumbledore knowing proved to be an issue. She clicked her tongue annoyed at the bonds on her, they'd be simple enough to break but she didn't want to risk suspicion and she couldn't have that. Mid thought, she heard a knock at her door, telling whoever it was to enter but not a special to see Harry walk in.

"Oh boy, good evening, I wasn't expecting you tonight." She greeted from her desk.

"I didn't see you at dinner and wanted to know if I could get you anything." Harry smiled as he sat down in front of her.

"I've been busy marking your papers and tests, it's very time consuming being a teacher."

"I can help!" He said.

"Awfully charitable tonight." She commented.

Harry flushed, "I've just felt the need to thank you."

"Thank me?" She repeated.

"For the extra lessons, it really came in handy this year, i've never felt this .. smart!"

She sighed putting her quill down. "You are a smart boy Harry, you just needed the right.. motivation."

"I also wanted to um talk about something."

"What about?"

"How could you have supported him?"

"Tom Riddle?" She asked.

Harry nodded with lips pursed into a line. After finding out the true nature of their relationship he had been more than curious as to why.

"He's a marvellous man, his ideas may seem extreme but they are of passion, i've always been drawn to people who have a burning desire." She explained. "Though I agree with his sinful ways, it's hard to not support the ones you love."

"So you love him?" Harry questioned.

"Yes, I do." She nodded. "Why so curious?"

"I just don't see why your helping me that's all, if you want him why are you here with me?"

"Your a special boy, you are the key to humanity, how would I not pick you." She lied.

He stared at her through his lens for a moment before sighing.

"I don't like being called that."

"It's a burden to be the strongest isn't it?" She asked.

"I don't feel like the strongest. I feel like the one left behind." He admitted. "Dumbledore is pushing for the memories of Slughorn, I just don't know how to approach it."

"Use your liquid luck." She shrugged. "Unless your saving it for another opportunity."

He perked up. "No ive yet to use it."

"Problem solved!" She clapped. "Now I have to finish marking these, let me know how it goes alright?"

Harry stood up with a nod. "I will, and uh thanks again!"

She waved him off. "Be safe boy, you never know what could be hiding."

He nodded again before leaving her alone. She pursed her lips before turning back to the window, night was approaching soon. She wondered why the old man was so desperate for the memories. She couldn't imagine Horace had any useful information, he was nothing more than a man who loved collecting prizes.