•TWENTY THREE•

Harry fell to his knees, watching yet another home burn to ash. Why was this always happening? Was it some sick curse that allowed everything close to him to be set a blaze? A sick curse indeed. He felt sick, this happened because of him.

Again.

Again, he was the reason for destruction.

When was this going to end?

Harry clasped a hand over his mouth. He was going to be sick.

Why, why him, why was it always him. Why was he the punch of some sick joke, why couldn't he be stronger? Why couldn't he protect anything.

"FUCK!" Harry screamed into his hand. His eyes stinging from the smoke, a shit excuse to blame this hatred in himself causing the suddenly desire to cry.

"Fuck!! Why, why why WHY!" He continued to scream, his hand punching straight into the ground. Sickening sounds of his fist hitting the mud seemed to overpower the sound of crackling wood.

"Harry!" Ginny helped, rushing to grab his hand, preventing his actions.

But Conscious was quicker, already bending in front of the boy, watching him break. His repeated punched and screamed, cursing- seemingly reaching his final breaking point.

"Don't." Conscious spoke to Ginny as she crashed next to him, attempting to grab him. She raised her hand, sending her back a few feet on her back, the family quickly running to her leaving her alone with Harry for a moment.

Harry stopped at this, his head snapping up to Ginny's body, before flashing red eyes looked into her blue hues. Quickly Harry pointed his wand, cursing her blindly- and for once, she allowed it. The spell was weak, but it knocked her back with enough force. The Wesley's casted a look of horror at Harry, Hermione reaching for her wand in fear behind Ron.

Harry stood now, hands shaking, but his wand clenched tightly in his right hand, pointed right at Conscious. Something in Harry had snapped, he couldn't allow another person to be hurt for him. No more, not ever.

"Harry! Please, calm down!" Ron shouted, the family in complete distort with what was unfolding.

Harry looked feral. His usual bright vibrant green eyes have been replaced with a scarlet red, his teeth bared and his stance ready to protect and attack.

Conscious reminded crouched, her gaze still locked onto Harry, every emotion that dropped off the boy, oozed right into her. She could feel him, she could feel Tom's power combining with Harry's anger, and hatred.

It was beautiful.

"Do not touch her." Harry hissed, his parseltongue sharper than ever.

Her eyes flashed a bright blue, merlin he even spoke like Tom. She reminded silent, watching Harry closely

"I will not allow anything to happen to any of them." He gritted out, though the meaning seemed less directed at her, but more so to himself.

I can protect them, can't I?

He thought, looking over at his loved ones only to be met with something else. They looked at him in... fear? Horror, shock, and fear of not the situation but of him. Each had their wand tightly held in their grasp, yet none have brought themselves to point it at him, but what they could tell- Harry was feral.

"I'm sorry, Harry please let's go somewhere else now." Conscious hissed, Harry wasn't in control of his emotions and his aura of magic was oozing nothing but dark hatred and anger. A curious part of Conscious wondered if this emotional break was because of tonight's events, or years of built up hero complex that was never meant for Harry. He was far more than just some boy, and if they didn't leave soon Conscious is sure it'll ruin things for his future.