•TWENTY FOUR•

Night bleed into morning, the sun began to rise shining bright rays through the curtains of Conscious room. She sat at the window with her legs dangling out and a cigarette between her lips, puffing out the last bit of smoke before pushing it out with her tongue watching it fall down towards the ground. She glanced over at the now empty pack to her left, she really needed a new hobby. Turning her head a bit more she saw Harry still asleep in her bed curled up with blankets to his ears as he faced the wall. Dumbledore and Professor Snape had found them as soon as they got to the grand doors.

Harry had exhausted himself so the walk back to Hogwarts proved to be a much longer one. Conscious had insisted Harry lean into her, she suspected some of the fires smoke combined with everything else that had taken place drained him more than ever. He felt himself growing closer to sleep and she was hesitant to apparate the two again, not wishing to further agate his body.

"A few more miles, we'll be there in at least ten minutes boy." Conscious breaks the oddly comfortable silence.

"Why do you call me that?" He murmured. "You used my name not that long ago."

"Do you wish I call you Harry?" She asked.

He shrugged, he didn't know why but he thought it was always weird he referred to her as 'boy' considering how close they were.

"You are a boy no? You are a kid in my eyes really, not a golden boy or hero." She admitted. "I feel like it's also easier.. I don't want you to feel.. well honestly favouritism."

Harry slowly glanced at her then pursed his lips. "You did this before you started assisting here at Hogwarts."

"I meant I don't want you to feel like you are... romantically favourited."

Harry paused nearly tripping over himself before Conscious helped steady him with a laugh.

"Though, this was before I had revealed my relationship. Now well like I said earlier I do just see you as a boy and the nickname kinda stuck with me." She explained.

"I don't see you like that." Harry cleared, his face too flush from exhaustion to tell, but under he's dying of embarrassment. He's never even had the time to grasp on what kind of girl he even likes!

"I'm glad, you still are a special boy though and what I say doesn't change just cause of the things I call you."

He nodded, words of embarrassment still caught in his throat. But he saw familiar stones leading up towards the grand doors. They had finally returned back and a part of him had either subconsciously forgotten everything or he was about to accept sleep with open arms.

"You'll sleep in my quarters tonight okay? It's best you rest like you said, we can talk about anything at anytime." Conscious said as she noticed his weight becoming more and more heavy against her shoulders. They made their way up, taking their time up the steps before stopping abruptly at the sound of the doors opening.

Harry blinked slowly to see what caused her to stop walking and saw blurry outline of what stood in-front of them. There stood the headmaster and Professor Snape. Conscious clicked her teeth in annoyance, she had hoped they castle wouldn't have the teachers still remaining over the break, she had thought the rest of the staff had plans to leave everything to the elves. She narrowed her eyes, she had a feeling that someone reported her for kidnapping the boy, probably the damn Weasley's under the impression she actually took part of the attack.

"Harry, my boy are you injured?" Dumbledore started as he walked down towards the duo. "What happened , is it just the two of you?"

"Obviously, it'd be hard to sneak in Tom Riddle without you sensing it." Conscious bit back. "Like I promised to Harry, I honestly had no part of what took place tonight."