•TEN•

BOLD IS PARSELTONGUE
ITALICS ARE FLASHBACKS

It was the first Monday back at Hogwarts, meaning the first day of teachers assistant for Conscious. She had spent some time with Harry, fixing his stupid nose as he told her his suspicions about Draco Malfoy. She revealed to Harry she was once acquitted with Draco's Grandfather back in her years, how the Malfoy's were to serve The Dark Lord generation after generation, willingly or not. Harry knew his suspicions about Draco being a Death Eater must be true then, his friends completely disagreed of the idea hence why he went to her instead. After that she sent Harry away so she could prepare from the next day.

Now here she walked down the corridors of the school she once attended. She wore a black turtle neck with black pants with simple black boots and a potions cloak Horace had left for her. The style era was completely different from her time, even the uniforms had changed. One thing she hated was being behind, left out of the bigger picture and being in a new set of time definitely fuelled this hatred. Arriving fifteen minutes before the students she greeted Horace with a small hello to which he simply nodded back.

"Shall I prepare the caldrons Horace?" Conscious asked.

"That would be great." Horace smiled, though he eyes still couldn't believe she was here.

"You know Horace, I remember how you once were excited to know everything about me and my past studies. I would've thought you'd be happy to finally know some of my secrets." Conscious spoke as she begun to set the tables with the black caldrons.

"It's just a surprise that my past students have found ways to overcome human living." Horace sighed. "Both you and Tom were my best, especially Tom.... It's just all very hard to take in."

"You helped him though, I mean you answered his inhuman questions." She pointed out.

Horace frowned, guilt he had sitting in his stomach begun to bubble again. "I would've never imagined that my teachings would have this outcome."

"You and I both." Conscious sighed. "But I hope you are aware I am not in allegiance with him currently. I once stood by his side, but then fate has placed me here. If fate hadn't decided that path for me I believe the time I'm now in wouldn't have existed."

Conscious had never admitted this out loud but she knew if she never fell into the Veil, Tom and his ideals would've been filled achieved with her by his side like she promised. The time they currently stood in would've been something completely different, so in ways she was grateful for falling in that Veil. She had no real feelings about being good or bad, she had no real feelings about Tom's horrendous acts today. She just wanted Tom to be happy, to be great and to be powerful. But she had realized Tom had become to involved with these dreams to see reality.

"I fear you are right." Horace agreed. "Let's just focus on today's lesson, I wish to act as if I never knew him."

Conscious nodded. "Of course sir."

Moments later students started to pile into the potions class, Gryffindor and Slytherin were the first class. Conscious stood next to Horaces desk as he stood welcoming the first few students. Conscious glanced at Hermione who was the first one, Hermione gave a small smile before taking a seat at the front with another girl from Gryffindor. A couple Slytherins took a seat at the back. They waited patiently as the rest of the students filled in, a platinum blonde catching her eye.

A Malfoy.

The grey eyes met her blues on briefly, she couldn't help but compare the past Malfoy to the one before her, they looked ever so alike. Their sharp features, messy white hair and grey eyes with hints of blue. He was definitely the grandson of Abraxas.