•ELEVEN•

The Dark Lord narrowed his gaze at the teacup in front of him. It was filled with his favourite rich black herbal leaves, absolutely nothing but that. Bitter just as he liked it, he tapped his fingers impatiently on his desk. Severus would be arriving in less than five minutes, he's waited all week to see if that damned girl really was back. He wrapped his fingers around the handle bringing the white cup to hip lips taking a sip, hopefully this would relax his anxiousness. He felt sick, why was a silly girl causing him this distress. His teenage lover,

but she was more than that.

He frowned, no she wasn't. He placed the cup back down, looking at his watch again, three more minutes. He went back to tapping his fingers against the oak desk, an annoyed sigh leaving his nose. He was nervous, he wished to see Severus memories of his time with the new teachers assistant.

How rich he thought.

Both Dumbledore and Dippet rejected his application but of course she now has the positions he so desperately wanted all those years ago. Merlin fate was something else. He glanced at his watch again, less than a minute.

And seconds later he heard a knock at his door, he exhaled a breathe he didn't even know he was holding.

"Come in Severus." The Dark Lord called.

Severus entered with a bow. "Good afternoon my Lord."

"I trust you received my request?" He asked.

The Dark Arts teacher nodded, walking forward placing a small vile onto the oak wood. His memories of the week at Hogwarts inside.

"You always were the best recruit." The Dark Lord praised.

"For you are to kind my Lord." Severus bowed.

"You may leave, I'll summon you shortly again." The Dark Lord instructed as he picked up the vile glancing at it.

She was in there.

Severus almost frowned, he would've rather seen his reaction first hand to rely to Albus, but he said nothing more only a nod and swiftly leaving. He watched at the man left, before he stood and summoned the Malfoy Pensieve. It hovered over the desk as he opened the vile pouring in the white strings. He took a breath before sinking his pale face into the cool foggy water.

There sat Severus, writing on some paper the itinerary for the week. It was the second day of the first week back and today that girl would be joining him. He found it stupid to have an assistant, he was more than capable to teach his dream class, but it did prove for an opportunity to gain information for both sides. He heard the door open and he looked up and saw the blonde make her way towards his desk, she wore a black button up, the arms cuffed paired with black jeans and boots, her hair tied up.

"Professor Severus Snape, it's a pleasure to aid you. Conscious Jones, it's nice to now formally meet you." Conscious introduced herself, extending her hand for him to shake, but he didn't. He only looked at her hand before returning to his notes. She frowned before moving her hand away.

"You are to sit, listen and watch. If I need assistance I shall ask for it, you will not be teaching. The most you will do is demonstrate or adjust their wand movements when they are practicing.. nothing more." Severus explained in a dull tone.