tweleve

We're finally in Vegas. I've never been here before so I'm very excited to see what's going on. There's still a few hours before the boys have to be on stage so we all chill out at the hotel.

Ashton and Michael left to grab us some lunch, leaving me in my hotel room alone. Someone knocks on my door and I figured it was one of the two with the food. I was wrong.

Luke was standing in front of me holding a game console and some video games. He must've thought Michael was in here or something.

"Michael left to go get something to eat," I say, feeling quite awkward.

Luke bites his lip and is coming across as nervous.

"Actually, I was hoping we could play together? And I wanted to apologize for how we started off. I thought that we could start over and play some games. If you want to," Luke says.

I'm taken by surprise from his request. I stare at him blankly for a moment, trying to find the words to say.

"Um, okay. Sure, come in," is all I manage to get out.

Luke walks in and sets the console near the tv on the stand. He faces towards me and sighs.

"I'm just gonna start. I'm sorry. I had been inappropriate with you since day one. I've been thinking of a lot of things and that's what made me realize. I hope you can forgive me," Luke says, his bright blue eyes seem filled with guilt.

Luke looks so upset by his words. Not in the way that means he's upset to apologize but that he's upset that he acted in a way that warranted an apology. He starts to fidget with his hands while he waits for my response.

"I forgive you. And I appreciate that you apologized," I give Luke a smile.

Luke's face instantly lights up. He smiles back at me and pulls me into a hug. I'm not uncomfortable by it. I actually enjoy his hugs.

Luke pulls away and starts to hook up the game system. I check out the games he picked for the both of us. I pick out Mario Kart for us to play.

"I must warn you, I'm pretty great at this game," I say, hanging him the disc.

"So am I. I could be professional if that was a
thing," He chuckles.

"We'll see," I say, grabbing one of the controllers.

We start our first race. Luke wasn't wrong about being extremely good at the game but neither was I. I can tell that the other boys must not be as good at the game because his once relaxed position turned more alert by the second lap.

I finally get in first and manage to maintain a stable lead. Luke smirks and reaches over to mess with my controller. I try to keep playing while dodging Luke's hand.

"Ugh, you're such a cheater," I laugh, still trying to win.

"You gotta so what you gotta do," Luke laughs too. I never noticed how adorable his laugh was. It's so contagious.

"Oh yeah? Still didn't mess me up much," I say, crossing the finish line and securing my spot in first.

"Beginners luck. Or you used black magic," Luke chuckles.

We're about to start another race when Ashton and Michael return. They both seem really confused when they see Luke and I. I don't blame them as I would be confused too.

I jump up off of my seat and grab what's mine from the food bags. I sit back down with Luke and offer him a share of my food. He takes a few fries and eats them quickly.