nineteen

I wake up alone since Ashton slept in his bunk last night. We decided that it would probably be best if we didn't spend every second together. Surprisingly, I wake up before him. Ashton always makes me breakfast so today, I'll make him something.

I sneak into the kitchen and check out what's in the fridge. I see a can of cinnamon rolls. Definitely not as great as the homemade stuff Ashton does but it fits my capabilities.

I burst open the can and place the dough rounds onto the pan. I make myself a cup of coffee while I wait for the oven to preheat. Once it beeps, I slide the pan into the oven and set the timer.

I hope the beep doesn't wake him up.

The smell of cinnamon starts to fill up the kitchen. It's very pleasant. It smells like a fall morning even though it's the middle of summer. The oven beeps again and I take the cinnamon rolls out. I let them cool before putting on the icing.

Footsteps approach the kitchen while I'm frosting the rolls. I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist from behind. They kiss my forehead, making me smile. I don't have to try and guess who it is. I can tell it's Ashton by his touch.

"You made breakfast?" Ashton mumbles. His chin is resting on my head.

"Mhm. Just for you," I say. I reach over and grab a plate to put him a cinnamon roll on. I turn around and hand it over to him.

Ashton smiles and takes the plate. He takes a bite out of the food and nods his head.

"Very delicious. You did great," He kisses my forehead again.

I make my own plate and start eating it. Ashton was right. I did do great. I text the other boys, even Calum, to let them know where breakfast is.

Luke walks in, rubbing his eyes to wake himself up.

"Good morning love birds," Luke chimes. He stretches out his arms and lets out a big yawn before grabbing his food.

"Good morning," I say, giggling at him calling Ashton and I love birds.

Getting closer to Luke was a good decision. He's actually a really good friend to have. He takes the harshness out of situations and he's probably, for the most part, the most wholesome person in the group.

"I hope you didn't poison these Nat, I wouldn't put it past you," Luke laughs, taking a bit out of the roll.

"Oh no, you caught me. Good thing there was only poison in that one you're eating right now," I laugh.

Luke goes on to pretend like he's suffering from actually being poisoned. Acting isn't is strong suit so it's making Ashton and I laugh while Luke acts ridiculous.

Ashton and I leave the kitchen and sit in the lounge area. We sit together on the couch. Michael walks in and he's looking happier than usual. I have a suspicion that him and Vivian were talking most of the night.

     Me: so how was talking to michael?

     Viv<3: he's so funny! i love his personality so much, looks are def a plus

     Me: i can hear the wedding bells already lmao

     Viv<3: you have no room to talk nat. u and ashton act like you've been together for 50 years now

     Me: shushhh before i get ur boyfriend michael in here to straighten u out ;)

     Viv<3: if u were there, id totally flip you off right now

     I look up from my phone and notice Luke and Calum talking. Calum's eating the food I made so I'm gonna count that as a small win. They look over at Ashton and I so I go back on my phone. I don't want them to know that I noticed.

     Why are they looking at us?

Lukes Pov:

"What do you think of Natalie?" Calum asks. He's glaring over at the space where Natalie and Ashton are at.

"Calum, my opinion on Natalie is that she's a good person. Ashton's a lucky guy. You should give her a chance," I explain. Calum takes his gaze off of Ashton and Natalie and takes it back on me.

"I'll pass. But what do you mean Ashton's lucky? He's only slept with her and anyone could do that," Calum furrows his brows.

I definitely just fucked up.

"Well, they clearly like each other. And you know, Ashton is lucky because they're kinda dating?" I quiet down. I almost wince at my own words. I should've kept my mouth shut.

"Dating? Are you serious?" Calum scoffs.

"I mean, well, hm-" I stumble on my words but Calum interrupts me.

"Spit it out, Luke," Calum says. He's clearly annoyed.

     "Yes, I'm serious. But, I can promise that Natalie is nothing like Aaliyah. She's not gonna hurt him," I explain. I hate bringing that girl up but I know she's the reason behind why Calum's acting like this.

     "Don't fucking say that name around me. And I don't give a fuck, Natalie is just as shallow as her for taking a job like this," Calum grits his teeth at me.

     "Calm down. You're a prick for assuming that about Natalie when you barely know the girl. Didn't you try to sleep with her the second night on tour? You must like her a little bit to try that, huh?" I say. I can't stand when people talk to me in the way he is.

    "Shut up. You weren't the best to her either," Calum says.

     He's right but I completely regret it. I cringe at when I think about how I was. I was a creep. But, I apologized. And I meant it.

     "And I'm making up for it. Natalie and I are friends now," I say back.

     "Whatever, Luke. You're just blind and you'll see soon she's just like that bitch Aaliyah," Calum says, storming off.

     What a dick.

     I shrug off the interaction. Calum is being a brat. He's gonna get over it soon. I walk over and join Natalie and Ashton in the lounge area.

     I sit on the couch that's across from them and get on my phone. I scroll mindlessly through my socials for a while. It's all nothing new. I look over at Ashton and Nat. They're so happy.

     My look shifts over to Michael, who's obviously texting Vivian. Something is definitely blossoming there.

     Am I happy for them? Of course. Am I a little jealous? Maybe. Just someone to talk to would be nice. Oh well, I'll be alright.

______
authors note

hmm whyd calum storm off?

any thoughts so far? :)

also i updated yesterday thinking it was sunday when it wasn't 😭 i don't think i could get any dumber KSKDKKD