twenty five

"Natalie, you have to get up," I hear from across the room. I sit up and rub my eyes so I'll actually be able to open them. I see Ashton getting changed already. Usually, he waits until after breakfast to change.

"I'm up," I mumble as I climb out of bed. I shuffle over to Ashton and go in to hug him. After all, I didn't really get to see him after last nights show.

But he pushes me away.

I step away from him with my arms up. I don't know why he would've pushed me away.

"Someone's grumpy," I giggle. I go ahead and grab an outfit for me to change into. I settle on a white tennis skirt with a navy blue crewneck.

"Why'd you ignore my text?" Ashton says after being silent this whole time.

I had forgotten completely about what happened last night. Obviously, I'm not gonna tell Ashton that he was bringing my mood back down after Calum just lifted it up.

"I had lost track of time. Calum and I were having a really nice time and I-" I get cut off.

"Since when we're you and Calum such good friends? Last time I checked he made tour seem like hell for you," Ashton says, his tone is very cold.

What is his problem?

"He apologized and he's been really sweet to me since then. Why are you upset? I thought you'd be happy that I'm getting along with your best friend," I say, feeling very confused.

"Why on earth would I be happy that you're out late at night with a guy who tried to fuck you at one point?" Ashton's voice raises.

Now, usually, the fact he raised his voice would be enough to shut me up and make me leave. But Ashton is being so hypocritical. Also, where would that energy be for Michael and Luke? If I remember correctly, they both wanted to at one point but he's okay with me being alone with them.

"Calum hasn't tried since. Plus, you hung out with Josslyn last night. And she clearly wants you," I snap back.

"No, she's just doing her job. She has to act like she likes me," Ashton says, turning around to face the mirror so he can fix his bandana.

He must be blind.

"Ashton, why won't you believe me? Her body language is telling enough that she does," I try to give him a chance to elaborate on why he's so adamant on Josslyn not being into him.

"Because she promised last night that she wouldn't get in between us. Someone who likes me wouldn't do that," Ashton crosses his arms.

"Ashton, babe, Calum just wanted to cheer me up because I was upset that you just left without telling me. And she does like you, she implied it when you were on stage," I'm starting to calm down even tho I'm still upset.

"What did you guys even do?" Ashton sighs.

"We just got dinner then hung out at the park. That's all. What did you and Josslyn do?" I ask him, expecting him to answer.

"Does that matter? It was just our job," Ashton starts to head towards the door.

I grab his arm to stop him from walking away. "Ashton, why won't you tell me? I'm just gonna assume it's bad."

"We got dinner then walked around town. That's it," He pulls his arm away.

I roll my eyes and let him walk away. We can talk about it when he cools off. I pack my bags and head to the bus. On a normal day, I'd eat breakfast with Ash, Michael, and Luke. But I don't want to see Ashton until he's calm.