thirty one

Calum and I walk off the bus together. We aren't sure where exactly we're going. Our plan was to just walk until we found anything interesting. Not much of a plan but at least it was something.

My legs are still a little wobbly and sore from earlier with Ashton so I hold onto Calum's arm while we walk to gain some support. Calum clearly doesn't mind since he's smiling, showing off the little dimples in his cheeks.

We walk past this bar. It doesn't look crowded from the outside. Calum and I exchange a look, we both decide to go in.

The place is exactly what you'd expect from a small town bar. There's people but they're all grouped up together in what I assume is all the people they came with. The music is quieter than what it would be in the clubs we're used too. It almost has a "home" feel to it.

We sit down at one of the tables near the bar. Calum sits across from me to make conversation easier.

It's barely 5 p.m so it's too early for either of us to get a drink that you'd typically get at a bar so we settle on some waters.

"This place is nice," Calum says, his eyes shifting around the room.

"It really is," I smile and take a sip of my drink.

"I noticed that you and Ashton were hanging out. Has anything gotten better between you two?" Calum asks me.

Well the sex has gotten better but I'm not mentioning that part.

"I think so. We still aren't together but at least we're talking again," I answer his question. I really hope the subject changes.

"That's good. I'm happy it's getting better now," He nods.

Small talk gets going between us. Thankfully, the topic moves from me and Ashton. Calum tells me about his puppy, Duke, that's staying with his sister while he's gone. He shows me pictures of the dog, he's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

He tells me about his sister as well. She seems lovely, she has a pretty name as well. They seem very close. I almost get a little jealous over their sibling bond since my brother and I don't have much of one.

"Maybe you can meet her one day. She would love you, I'm not even exaggerating," Calum says.

"Maybe when we get back home, the three of us can plan something," I smile.

"We have to. We also have to make sure we all don't loose touch. The five of us need to keep in touch," Calum smiles.

"We really should. Life would be boring without you guys," I giggle.

"My life would be even more boring without you in it," Calum looks down at the table.

I raise my brows in confusion, "How so? You're famous. You could hang out with literally anyone you wanted."

Calum looks back up at me and smiles. He reaches across the table and puts his hand on mine.

"True, but it would all mean nothing if I didn't have someone like you here with me," He says.

"Aw, Calum," I say blushing. I could honestly melt right now.

We stay at the bar for about an hour. We just talked about whatever came to our minds. I won't point it out to him but Calum made subtle flirts at me the entire time. He probably thought I didn't notice.

We walk out of the bar, this time I don't need to hold onto him.

"Omg, Calum look," I say, pointing to the sky.

The sky was a bright orange with hints of pink. The sun was setting so it was starting to get a little chilly.

"That's pretty," Calum looks up at the sky with me, "Wanna watch the sunset?"