twenty nine

Calum's POV

I wake up to Natalie's head rested on my chest. Her leg is wrapped around my own and my arm is around her. We must've rolled into this position over night while we slept, not that I'm complaining.

But, even with as much as I want to stay here, I do need to get out of bed. I rub her back with the arm that was once around her.

"Natalie, I need to get up," I whisper-yell.

All I get back in response is mumbled words that I can't make out. I can't help but smile at the reaction, it's a little cute.

If she won't wake up, I'll just try to slide my way out of this. I scoot as much as I can before her head starts to move. I eventually get up without Natalie even opening her eyes.

Now, I need a shower.

I always shower in the mornings so I brought some clothes along with me. I try to stay as quiet as possible the entire time I'm moving around.

I put on my grey sweats, that are admittedly too big since they show the waist band of my boxers, but I didn't realize until now that I didn't grab a shirt. I dry off my hair as much as I can before getting out of the bathroom.

I can see that Natalie is up now. She's sitting on the bed and playing some Netflix show on her phone.

"Whatcha watching?" I ask her.

She looks up from the screen and smiles, "Oh it's Avatar, that last air bender." She's not looking at me, almost like she's embarrassed about it.

"Really? I love that show," I say. I sit down beside her and watch the screen.

"Really? It's popular but it's a kids show so I always get bullied for watching it," She looks at me, I can see the excitement in her eyes.

"Yeah, Michael showed me it one day and I've been obsessed ever since. I'm just good at hiding it," I chuckle. I don't normally admit my little obsessions over things, I usually feel too embarrassed.

"We have to watch it together. I'm not sure how much time we have right now though," She checks the time on her phone.

"How about on the bus? I'll make us some popcorn or something," I offer up.

"I'm down," She smiles.

We sit there for a moment, neither of us saying anything. The only sound in the room is the sound of the show playing from her speaker. I'm looking in her eyes while she looks into my brown ones.

Her eyes are pretty.

I can feel myself being overtaken by the moment. I don't purposely glance down at her lips, it just happens. I feel immediately guilty afterwards. She just got dumped, what am I doing?

I hope she didn't notice that.

"Um, I should probably get ready. I wanted to go with Michael to drop Vivian off," She breaks the silence.

"Oh yeah, I'll head over to my room," I say. I get up and grab the things that I brought and let myself out.

Ashton and Luke are having a conversation when I walk in. They both stare at me as I walk in. Judging by the fact that they stopped talking when I came in, shows it had something to do with me.

I pack up my things, not focusing on either of them. If this is about last night, we all talked about it and said I should go in there. Not my problem if they have an issue with it now.

"How did last night go Cal? Did she seem okay?" Luke speaks up.

I look back at my friend, "Yeah, as okay as someone who just went through a breakup would be."