seventeen

"You'll be fine. You've hung out with Ashton how many times now? Why are you nervous for this one?" Vivian says over the phone.

     "I don't know. This one is just different, I have a feeling," I say, sorting through my closet to find a dress.

     My eye catches a silky black slip dress. I hold it up to me in the mirror and decide that this is the one.

     "I'm rooting for you and you have to tell me how it goes," Vivian says.

     "Don't worry, I will," I carefully fold the dress and put it in my bag.

     "I love you. And have fun tonight," She says, "Before I forget, is Michael Clifford the red head from the band?"

     "Yeah, he's the guitarist. Why?" I check my makeup one last time.

     "He followed me on instagram and I was checking out his profile. I followed him back," I can hear them chuckle.

     "Oh, so you think he's cute?" I smirk. Michael's been playing matchmaker with Ashton and I so why can't I?

     "Maybe, I do. I dig the hair," Vivian says.

     "Interesting. I'll keep that in mind," I say. I'll have to try and do something about this later.

     "You have fun tonight. Goodbye," Vivian says.

     "Goodbye. I love you too," I say, hanging up the phone.

     I snap a photo of my outfit in the mirror to post on my story. I pick a nice song to go along with it.

*not what natalie looks like, just the pose & outfit

     A knock on my door tells me that Ashton is ready to leave the hotel. I open it up to see him standing there with a bouquet of flowers. It's a mix of sunflowers and red roses.

     Ashton shyly hands me the flowers and smiles. "I thought you would like this," He says.

     I take in the scent of the flowers. It's beautiful. Ashton thought right, I love this.

     "Thank you, it's so cute," I smile. I take them inside and put the ends inside a cup of water before we leave.

     We walk to the car that Ashton rented just for tonight. He's really going all out just for tonight. Ashton opens the passenger door for me and I climb in. He lets me control the aux while he drives. I put on a playlist that I had made for Ashton.

     I Wanna Be Yours by the Artic Monkeys comes on as the first song. How ironic.

     "Do you know this song?" I ask him.

     "I've heard it once. I don't know it too well though," Ashton says. He reaches over and keeps his hand on my thigh as he drives.

     "Oh, I think you'll like it. It resonates with me in a way," I try to hint to him.