twenty three

Today is the day. Ashton's new "girlfriend" is meeting us at the venue. Am I excited? Not at all. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she will be nice but I'm not excited to be forced to hide the fact that I'm with Ashton.

On the bright side, Calum and I have actually been getting along. He's been really trying to patch up all the wrong he did. Last night, Calum actually stayed up with me so I could vent about the situation. I would've rather vented to Michael; I wouldn't vent to Ashton about this since I don't want him to think I don't trust him. But Michael was asleep and so was Luke. Meaning, Calum was the only one that I had to talk to.

Calum was quite supportive of my feelings. He didn't make me feel like I was overreacting or just worried for no reason. Calum actually listened to me without being a douche for once. It felt nice.

For the concert, I wore another one of Ashton's band tees with mom jeans and hightop converse. Not saying that wearing Ashton's shirt was to make a huge statement, but it was to make a subtle statement.

"How do you make my clothes look ten times better? You look gorgeous babe," Ashton says, walking over to me.

Ashton grips my waist and pulls me into him so he could kiss me. I rest my arms around his shoulders and kiss him back. He squeezes my hips and pulls away. We stay like that for a moment. I take in Ashton's small details on his face. Every part of him is beautiful.

"We should get going. We wouldn't wanna be late since that girl wants to meet us before the other guys," Ashton says.

He didn't even say her name and I already feel upset. I'm not upset with him though, just the people who are actually enforcing this.

"You're right," I say, pulling away from Ashton's grip.

We take our ride to the venue. It's a decent sized football stadium. Ashton and I go backstage and look around. I notice a girl, about 5'7, with blonde hair standing with her back towards the entrance. She turns around and I immediately recognize her face.

It's Josslyn.

She walks over to Ashton and I with a smile wipped across her face. She stands in front of us and holds out her hand.

"You must be Ashton," She introduces her self but completely ignores me.

"Yep, that's me. Josslyn right?" Ashton shakes her hand.

"Mhm. It's so nice to finally meet you. When they told me about this assignment and showed me your pictures, I was so excited," She pauses and glares me up and down, "You just seem like a fun person."

"Really? Thank you. We were a little worried that you wouldn't be nice but I guess we were wrong. Right babe?" Ashton nudges me.

Is he really that oblivious?

I figure this isn't the best time for arguing, I just met her after all.

"Definitely. You seem very sweet," I say in a passive aggressive tone. She definitely noticed but thankfully Ashton did not.

"You as well," She scoffs, "Ashton, I thought about it and why don't we go ahead and get some pap photos? It'll be good to get a head start."

Ashton looks over at me and then back to her.

Please, say no.

"Are you okay with that Natalie? She has a point. The more we get out now then the less work we have to do later," He says.

If I say no, I might come off as possessive. But if it were truly up to me, Ashton wouldn't be near her.

"Whatever you want to do," I reply. There, now the ball is in Ashton's hands again.