Not your fault (P8)

Isaiah's POV
Going for a run

I finally got to meet Arrio's mother. Seeing her reminded me of my own mother, just a light version of her. My mother's ancestors were from Nigeria, she was a beautiful woman. Sadly I got nothing from her except for her heart as she would often say.

I look exactly like my father. I believe the moon goddess wanted to punish me for what I was going to do. But I think taking away my mother was enough of a punishment she could've given me, I don't get why she had to add another.

I hate having his blood flow through me. I wish there was a way I could pour all his blood from my veins.

"So I heard about you being Dean's mate." Mrs. Sandoval inquires as she hands me a brownie. She smiles at my shocked reaction "Scarlet told Mauricio, who told me." I look down as I take a bite. "Do you want to be with him?" She asks.

I quickly lift my head up "of course!" I exclaim, having some brownie fall out of my mouth "sorry." I mumble. She pats my back and I peek back at her.

"Then what's stopping you?" She asks.  I study her as I to figure out what her reaction will be when I tell her. When I finally make my decision to tell her, I check around to make sure no one is around. When I smell No one I begin to unbutton my shirt . She watches as I lower the collar and bare my neck "I see" she mutters.

I button them up and look away, scared of what her reaction will be. "I reacted too late " I grumble. She takes my hand and I look back at her. She smiles and encourages me to continue. "I didn't want it but she did it anyways. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't push her off."

"Where you in all your senses?" She asks. I shake my head and look down again  "drunk?"  I signal kind of.  "drugged?" I nod. She sighs "it wasn't your fault." I look up to her with wide eyes.

I feel as I'm talking to my own mother again. The way she would push me to cry, but not once did a tear fall. I never did cry in front of her and nor will I in front of Arrio's mother. "But I took the drugs."  I push.

"Were you in all your senses when you decided that?" She asks "or were you already out of it?"

"I was already drunk." I whisper.

"Who offered them hun?" She asks.

"Her father." I answer. She hums as she stares ahead with clenched fists.

"You were twenty correct?" She asks, meeting my eyes. I nod, she smiles softly as tears build up in her eyes "you may not want to hear this but you were still a baby." I tense at the word baby. "And I don't mean that as an insult. I mean that you were young. You were still learning about this world. And her father took advantage of your situation and pushed his daughter on to you,"

"I still took the drugs." I defend.

"How did he offer them?" I stay frozen at her question "did he say something about it being manly,' or something that belittles woman?" I nod as I remember his exact words 'if you want to be considered a strong Alpha than show it by taking these and stop acting like a little bitch.'

"I knew him since I was a kid. He was my fathers close friend." I explain as I tighten my grip on her hand "saying no to him was like saying no to my father." I shouldn't have been afraid but I still was. "I didn't know what to do." I mutter "I was scared."