The arena (24)

Isaiah's POV
After the phone call.

Yes" I pause. "It's.. I'm having trouble with my pack and was hoping for your help." I look up and see Elder Abran smirking.

"Alright we'll head over. Bye" he hangs up as so do I.

"Trouble with your pack?" Elder Abran chuckles. "Indulge me with your problems Isaiah" He takes a seat and signals me to sit down as well. "You know I was very close to your father." Yeah of course you were . "And I feel as I am close to you as well. As if you were my own son."

I curl my lips to a smile, feeling as plastic as ever "thank you Elder. That means a lot. Truly.." I bow my head and feel my smile drop as i look down. I raise my head and look him in the eye.

"When we arrived I noticed how empty it was in the pack house. Actually not a single wolf was seen as we drove here. What's the reasoning behind that zay?". My eye twitches to the nickname he decided to call me. The nickname My father would call me because it sounded like a girls name. And as the sissy I was in his eyes, it was the name I deserved.

I feel Frode try to surface. I struggle to push him back before answering the Elder. "Traitors. I found traitors in my pack so they are at the arena waiting for me to punish them."

"Oh. Alpha Wright.," Elder King gasps. "We didn't know we were interrupting ." Elder King is a gorgon, she's a kind one at that. She wears a headscarf wherever she goes. Many other Gorgons let their snakes run wild, it makes them feel superior when others avoid eye contact. Elder King is not like that at all, it could be because she was born as one and not turned into one . She is a very gentle woman, though I've heard she can be scary if you get on her bad side. Thankfully she is not corrupted.

I'm about to reply when Elder Abran interrupts again "well who says we're interrupting . Continue with your punishing. It'll be awhile before the Alpha and Luna from the Lotus pack arrive."

"Elder Abran is right." Elder Hideo adds. I turn to look at him. "Do not worry about us. You are allowed to leave and finish your task. You're not a criminal who we need to keep an eye on" he says before taking a sip of his tea. Now Elder Hideo is an Oni. He's hard to read..

"It's alright alpha Wright" elder King smiles. I smile back and stand up .

"Well excuse me. I'll try to be brief." I walk out close the doors behind me, letting out a breathe that I had been holding in.

"Damn that elder" Frode growls.

"Yes damn him. But I hate that I can't read Elder Hideo." I continue walking out the pack house and to the arena. "There are two outcomes of a person becoming an Oni ; one they enact violent punishment on other evil-doers and will literally eat anything...including humans, or two they try to redeem themselves from their past life.".

"Let's hope it's the latter " Frode sighs. Yes let's hope that.

==========================================

"Lieser ." I call out and he turns to face me. I look around and watch as my pack members whisper to each other. I sigh before walking towards the traitors. In the front are Jim and his two children. Behind them are my brother's ex in-laws then Luna and her brother. Then finally the last two are...