I want to drink your blood (P20)

Third person
El cell de brujas

Tomorrow is their trial. Meaning that tonight they have to escape or it will be all over for them. Scarlet knows it will be time soon and as she waits she goes over their plan and over the spells that need to be used. There were spells she read from a book when she was a child. Her brother Ezekiel had stolen it from another witch who was on the run. The book was a forbidden one. The book was the reason that the witch was running for his life. Ezekiel kept it secure in one of his buildings he owned. If caught with it they would have been sentenced to death. Or worse , they would have been sent to the golem prison.

She didn't know what happened to the book. All of Ezekiel's properties were held by the elders, due to Ezekiel failing to write a will for his precious things. It was obviously a lie but at the moment it didn't matter to Scarlet or Kai. Those things were not important to them in any way.

As scarlet continued to meditate, Xander was three floors down finishing his tunnel. He had been shifting into his wolf form at every chance he got. Scarlet had turned his cuffs into aluminum without the guards knowledge.  It was an easy task thanks to their new friend they became involved with.

Xander had digged a hole in the corner for days now and the tunnel had finally reached the floor that vampires  were kept. He had no weakness here and the gate was easy to open with the help of his beloved.

They both stopped when they heard feet in the distance. Quickly Xander went back into the tunnel and returned to his cell. He climbed out of the tunnel and covered the hole with a mat they had given him to rest on. He grabbed the fake cuffs and hooked himself up.

Scarlet closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She did not want to be bothered tonight.

She listened as The steps stopped in front of her cell. The sound of dangling keys was heard then the screech of the gate opening was next. She held her breathe as the person stepped in.

"It's time" her eyes widened up at the mans voice. The long haired man shared a compassionate smile with her "we'll be free soon" he unlocked her cuffs and allowed them to fall to the ground. They rushed to Xander's cell. The man unlocked his cell and she ran in, immediately hugging him.

"My sweet witch" he  murmured into her ear. "How I missed your touch" tears filled his eyes as he recalled what she had to go through.

"Is it done?" The guard asked.

"Yes." Xander replied. The guard nodded and shut the gate behind him. Xander let go of his beloved and went to the tunnel he created. "I'll lead" he said before jumping in. Scarlet followed then the guard.

Scarlet used magic to light the way. The werewolves didn't need it but she sure did for she did not have night vision.

Xander stepped out the tunnel and helped his wife as well. "Françous.. did you get the stone?" Scarlet asked as he climbed out the tunnel. He nodded with a grin. "Good" she reached out and he placed the flat stone into her palm.

Françous unlocked the cell they had been and walked out. Hisses were heard around them. Scarlet searched around for a specific vampire, Benoni Syrus. He was once an elder till he was replaced by his son who he had with one of his lovers. This son who he had favored over his others betrayed Benoni after he abandoned his other children.