Reject

Y/n
———

You left the jacket back at home, you didn't want people thinking you know Dazai's whereabouts.

You quietly walk into work.
As you head inside your office you see a women, wearing traditional Japanese clothing.
It's Kouyou.

"Y/n it's been a while." She says smiling.
You never had a problem with her. She never hurt you, she cared for you like a mother. Since you were mainly with Mori, you didn't see her much but she always would talk to you when she could.

You nod,
"Really it has." You say, sighing in relief to see her.
"Aw dear, you look unwell. I heard about Dazai..." She says, she looks to the side.
"Right... Do you need something?" You asked wanting to change the subject.

"Oh no, I just wanted to check in." She said smiling again.
You really did like her but Dazai would warn you about her. You kept your guard up just in case...

"You know Chuuya has been worried sick about you." She mentions.
"I see... I'm grateful really... he's been taking care of me." You say.
"Yes. He went out of way looking for that coat for you." She adds.
Oh so she knows...

"Yeah that gave me a lot of comfort... Again I'm very grateful." You say smiling.
"Chuuya would be glad to see you smiling now." She says.
There's a silence in the room.

"Ever thought about dating Chuuya?" She asks randomly.
You jump.
"What?!" You ask,
"Well Dazai is gone and Chuuya has been taking care of you. I just thought he may be right for you." She explains,
"I'm sorry he's just a friend." You say.
"And Dazai might return." You say with hope.

"I highly doubt that, this is Dazai after all. Besides us women in the Port Mafia can't show our weakness to these men." She says.

She always seem like she's always trying to prove she's stronger than the men here or that she sees herself as superior to the men here.

"If you want the comfort of a man, Chuuya is right for you. He cares for you more than what you think." She explains.
"I pass. I'm sorry." You say, bowing your head.

Why is she trying to hook us up? She won't gain anything out of it...
"Why do you want us together anyways?" You ask,
"Because I want you to be happy." She says, you raise your eyebrow in confusion.

"Dazai has made you ill and broken. While Chuuya will make you happy and comforted." She answers.
"No, Dazai has not made me ill, he gave me warmth in this dark place. He did not break me, he made me see a better brighter world." You argue.
You realized you said too much...
You just hate anyone doubting Dazai's love for you.

You hate it.

"There's no such thing as a brighter world here. The world is cruel dear. There is no light." She says, pity in her tone.
"That's not true." You argue,
"Aw dear...." she begins, she walks up and puts her cold hand on your face.

She lifts your head up,
"The world is only dark. There is no light." She states.
You don't want believe her.
"That's not true, Dazai showed me a bright world. He showed me a bright world where I want to to be!" You say.
She shakes her head in disappointment.

"You poor girl.. what has Dazai done to you? That isn't reality sweetheart and you know it." She says, she lets go of you face.
She heads out.

"Kouyou!" You call,
"Yes dear?" She says, turning back.
"Why do you care for me?" You ask,
"Because you're a different. You're a different from any Port Mafia member I know." She explains and than she leaves.

You're left there confused.
What was the point of her coming..?
You don't want to believe her. You want to believe in Dazai.

You get a call on your phone.
It's from Mori.
"Hey. It's me."
"Y/n I wish to see you. It's been a while."
"Ok I'll be right up."
You hang up.
Mori too..? What's going on..?