Chapter 20

The sumptuous sight of the silver moon peaked through the navy blue curtains, arbitrarily lighting up the dark room as night approached with royalty

The sumptuous sight of the silver moon peaked through the navy blue curtains, arbitrarily lighting up the dark room as night approached with royalty. The stars accompanied the moon which survived with the assistance of the scintillating moon, as they were fearful of going near it, an ally of the sun. A sight which would wander a child to the world of abstract dreams, fly a teenager to the innocent wishes of love, arouse a couple to a land where only remained them, and sadden those which grieved for the absence of someone. Each person would have varying reactions to the breathtaking sight ahead.

However, the modelling show of the hardworking moon through the silk blue curtains had failed to grab the attention of the girl who was curled into a ball on the soft mattress with her mind distorting into a mayhem. She stared ahead aimlessly as millions of ghoulish thoughts ran through her mind. She was drowning in the sickening abyss of fear and insecurity. No matter how much she stared around, there was no one who stood like a stiff barrier to protect her. At the end of the day, she felt no different than the stray cats in the desolate streets craving for food and comfort but no one showed the will to own them.

The vision that her hazel eyes had witnessed was nauseating. She dealt with hearts and the blood that kept them alive. She was a fighter, a saviour, a figure people considered a form of God. Never did she feel the fear of blood, she lived with it. However, she was humane only at the end of the day, and the ghastly sight of the disfigured rat made her want to vomit all the image out to the sink but even the thought of going out of bed agitated her. As if the same fate awaited her.

The door creaked slowly with soft footsteps entering the room as if afraid that a mere sound would wound the girl that laid absolutely crumbled inside.

'Why would someone do that to her?'

Millions of questions rushed through his mind, pulling the trigger of his brain, intensifying his worry. His eyes pointed at her back which was in a curved position as she layed there somewhat stationery. He walked over the bed to state at her face. Pale white.

Her face seemed as white as sugar with nothing but bland reactions. Her hazel eyes, however were the response to her feelings. They were coated in a deep layer of fear and insecurity. Her eyes were the clear representation of horror like a painter would express itself on a white canvas painted black. Sighing discontentedly, he sat beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Y/N suddenly flinched up from her position and stared around frantically as if finding a way to escape the factor that was eating her alive. Jimin immediately sat beside her and put his soft hands onto his arms, embracing her into his comfort.

"Shhh Y/N! Y/N! Calm down" He comforted.

Y/N took a moment to settle down taking in the comforting scent that sent her mind to a tranquil state. Closing her eyes feeling feeling herself melting into his serene comfort.

"J-Jimin they w-will kill me" She spoke in frenzy.

Jimin felt his heart clench at her words. The string hazel eyes girl who maintained a cold demeanor was now just a broken shell.