Chapter 32

The night was dead silent today

The night was dead silent today. It intended to only be an observer for the excited souls spending their first night on this spacious and well-reputed campus which awaited numerous challenges for them. A smile spread across the moon's face as it simultaneously peaked into the rooms of every individual. None was less excited than the other.

Y/N's hands traced over the surface of the soft textbook. Vivacious energy took over her being when she returned from her short outing with the handsome Adonis. A smile played on her face as she thought of his actions, his words, his approach. What a gentleman he was. Never was she approached by anyone this way, nor did she expect the occurrence. As they say, the best ones are the ones you never saw coming your way.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked out of the window repeating the last five days of her life. She left her home, came to this magnificent place to pursue her dreams and encountered a handsome male who claimed to know her from beforehand. So much can change within a span of a few days. Suddenly, she felt an urge to call her father to ask how he has been but hesitation coated her heart as she contemplated the decision. Deciding to go with her gut feeling, she picked up the phone immediately and pressed his contact number. After a few mortifying rings did the old man pick up. His voice was rough and authoritative.

Y/F: Hello?

Y/N: Hello dad? How are you?

Cheerfulness coated her voice as she addressed her father, her only family by blood. Ever since the death of her mother, her father has been reluctant towards her and she completely understood why that was the case. She was a spitting image of her late mother. Her mother was a Brazilian woman, who had met her father during their educational trips in their youth. Through the play of fate, they had met a few more times and eventually fell in love and decided to get married. Her mother had hazel eyes, which Y/N had inherited from her strong genetics. Her mother had passed away from a car accident when she was only ten years old. After her mother passed away, her father had been in depression for almost five years before he was married off to her current stepmother, Kim Ria. Days passed, and relations changed but her father's reluctance towards her remained the same as it was a decade ago. Y/N loved her father very much, and regardless of him pushing her away, she tried to maintain the closeness through futile attempts.

Y/F: Oh Y/N. Did you reach safely?

He asked with a curt and serious voice to which Y/N responded positively with a tinge of sweetness lacing her voice.

Y/F: Okay that's good then. I'll be hanging up.

Y/N: Dad!

Y/N stopped him from cutting the call trying her best to prolong the conversation. She missed her family who always tried to push her away.

Y/N: How is Ms Kim?

Y/N asked referring to her stepmother whom she tried to mingle with but she was not interested at all to the point Y/N  had to give up her attempts.

Y/F: She is doing fine

Y/N: Oh...

Y/F: If there is nothing else to say, I'll be hanging up

Y/N: Dad my commencement ceremony is next week. Will you be able to make it?

Y/N asked the older man hoping for a positive response. Her heart tugged with a slight ray of hope that she'll be able to begin this new journey of her life with her father's presence.

Y/F: I can't. I am busy. I'll have to cut the call now. Goodnight.

Before Y/N could utter a further word, she heard the beeping sound go off from the other side. Her heart broke into two making her look to her lips, pursing them. She felt embarrassed at her expectation to ask her parent to be present on such a significant day of her life. Fate is not always kind to everyone.

"He is still as disinclined even with me away" She sighed to herself looking out of the window trying her best to ignore the suffocating feeling in her chest.

A sad smile painted on the face of the moon towards whom the helpless girl was looking, lost in her thoughts. It was wanted to embrace the girl and comfort her. The stars that accompanied the night sky, gleaming in the darkness, shone brighter trying their best to elevate the mood.

"I wish you were still here mom" A sigh escaped her lips at the pathetic wish that surfaced from the solitude she felt.

The door room burst open, hitting the side where the pearl white walls stood. Three girls walked in, giggling with each other about some random topic which Y/N was not a part of. She clasped her hands together recognizing the Swedish female who accompanied them. It was no rocket science to figure out that the others were her other roommates which she missed the encounter with as she went venturing the campus with the Greek God.

"Oh, guys!" Mila drew the attention of the rest of the girls.

Y/N flashed the rest a smile which was reciprocated by the rest with a sense of awkwardness at the unfamiliarity.  Her eyes succinctly analyzed the two new figures. One of them looked local while the other seemed to be of Middle Eastern descent. The first girl had soft features with chubby cheeks and pale skin. The girl who looked like she was from the Middle East had chocolate brown eyes with slightly tanned skin and angular features. None less gorgeous than the other.

"This is Y/N" Mila introduced the duo to the clueless girl who smiled at them.

"Y/N, this is Sofia, from Lebanon and Sejeong, she is from here," Mila said and Y/N went forward to shake hands.

She did with each of them exchanging greetings with them.

"I am so glad, I have normal roommates. I was worried about having weirdos ughh" Sofia exclaimed

The four girls settled down on their chairs and began chatting. Then suddenly, Sejeong popped the question.

"Y/N how do you know Park Jimin? We saw you were talking a lot" She asked making everyone else curious.

"I just got to know him. He, however, claims that we have met before and all that. I guess that's just how we began talking" Y/N replied while the others nodded in understanding.

"He is very popular! Do you know the senior Ivy? She is apparently crushing on him hard same as other girls. So it's interesting how he took interest in our Y/N" Sofia said slightly wiggling her eyebrows, teasing Y/N making a deep coat of red appear on her cheeks.

"Ohhhhh Y/N is blushing" Mila teased further.

"Stop it guys! He just wanted to be friends" Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah yeah sure~" Sejeong replied.

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, as the conversation diverted to elsewhere. A sudden buzzing of her phone caught her attention making her look at the text she just received.

'Are you asleep?'

Long time! Let me know how the chapter was! Thank you for reading❤