Chapter 10

I stepped inside my cabin with a smile on my face

I stepped inside my cabin with a smile on my face. Out of all days, today felt new. It felt positive. It felt nostalgic.

Fatigue took over me as I had not gone home for almost 2 days due to the excessive work that is to be done. A lot of patients were coming. Some from the pyschology department as depression had caused adverse affect on their brains. It was sad to see people going through so much stress and anxiety these days, to the point it affected their brains. This cruel world is really driving people insane. Where the fortunate, the one's with power escape away and neglect the helpless one's in such a way that they are unable to cope with it.

I sat on my chair and looked at the papers infront of me. I let out a huff from stress. It's a lot of paperwork. My eyes fell upon the paper of a CT scan that I had recently run on an 18 year old girl. I picked it up and saw analyzed the results. The girl had a clot on the right side of her brain. She was diagnosed of depression which led to this result. Her operation was to be done next Monday. I sighed. I had met this patient just yesterday as her parents and I decided she needed it. Her case was so intense that she is suffering from short term memory loss. As I looked at her she seemed very down. It was clear her depression was very serious. I felt like it was my responsibility to help her out of this. To make sure that the girl makes it out safe and happy. Cause something in was triggered. It reminded me of situations.

As I went through the other papers, my mind and body started to feel exhausted yet again. I pressed the button of the telecom and called my secretary.

Jia : Yes Choi Jia speaking? How may I help you?

Jimin : Jia, can you call Mr. Kang to my room? I needed to discuss the case with him.

Jia : Oh sir? Yes of course. I will do that right now

Jimin : Thank you.

I hung up the call letting go of the button. I leaned back on my chair closing my eyes just for a minute of rest. Suddenly a scene flashed before my eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°

The huge building before me had taken my attraction absolutely. It was almost like a center with an official vibe to it. Finally I shall be starting my years as a medical student. Something I have always dreamt off. It was the orientation day and this the crowd was intense as students from every department was there. Everyone looking their best and ready to start their lives to the final step to being a doctor. My father is an neuro surgeon as well. I had watched him work on different parts of the body relating to the nerves and the brain. I had taken interest in it, to the point it made me want to follow my father's footsteps. I remember the day I told my father this and he couldn't be happier. Even today he had dropped me off cheering on me like a child.

I chuckled at the memory as I went past the people towards the main office where I can collect my allocated building for training. I was walking in the empty hallway observing the people chatting away downstairs, through the big window in the hallway. Everyone was happy in their own way. I suddenly felt a push and bumped into someone. I heard papers falling down. I looked at the person, to see her already kneeling picking up her things. I frantically kneeled down helping her out in picking up the mess I have created.