Chapter 31

Nature was almost dead silent now, and it was the hour for humans to make noise

Nature was almost dead silent now, and it was the hour for humans to make noise. A deep blue colour had settled itself onto the sky which was formerly a crimson shade. Stars shone brightly in the evening sky, the euphonious melody of the birds long gone, only remained the obnoxious chattering of the households.

The university garden area was, however, calmingly silent. Everyone was exhausted after a long day of studying, especially freshmen who had to go through the rigorous process of moving into the dorms. If only didn't I have everything sorted out. Hell would have broken loose. I have always been obsessively organised with my materials, probably a trait I inherited from my late mother. A sigh escaped my lips as I continued walking towards my intended destination. As calm as the atmosphere was, the weather equally contrasted with it. The humid weather made sweat trickle down my forehead, and my back was feeling equally sweaty. I felt like melting ice cream in early July. Not to mention the discomfort I was feeling with my undergarments. I hated the summer in conclusion.

Soon I was near the grey cemented path with a fountain in the middle coupled with a few jacaranda trees. Aesthetic and resplendent were the words to describe it. The concrete was a light shade of grey which was complemented by a marble surface of the fountain which had a similar colour as well. In the middle of the fountain was a funnel-shaped object from within which water shot up, looking like a magnificent show. In addition to its beauty was the gorgeous looking raven-haired man that stared at the ground like there was some interesting occurrence happening, with his lower lip sticking out as he kicked his feet aimlessly.

People would view me as a rigid and an emotionless person. However, I was human only, and what's attractive is attractive. The black-haired man was a perfect description of just that. I have had crushes before, but just the resting scowl on my face did wonders in shooing everyone away and screaming: I AM NOT AVAILABLE. My closed off personality didn't do any help either, so remained me and the long list of crushes. Not too long though. Fortunately, I was in a different mood today to not zone out and hence the boy was able to approach me. Not that I mind, a good looking and presentable man with the potential to be a doctor. Who could resist?

"Hey" I softly greeted, breaking his staring contest and making him jolt up.

"Hi, thanks for coming!" He responded almost immediately with an eye crinkling smile.

This man was one hell of a friendly person. His warm effervescent had gotten me to start responding to him within a few minutes, making me wonder actually how many friends he must have. I genuinely won't be surprised if I hear him being coined as the social butterfly of the campus. I admired his trait, however, as it was something I cannot even go close to being. Forever, I shall remain the lone wolf I am.

"Thank you for inviting me," I said letting out a light chuckle trying to soothe in my awkwardness which complementarily flushed in.

"No worries at all. Since you're new to the town, why don't I give you a small tour of the campus? Hope you have the time" The black-haired boy said waving his hand around in an excited manner.