Chapter 17

Helpless

Helpless.

That is what I felt currently. Everything seemed like a daunting illusion, where no one was there to hold me up as I fall into the dark abyss of pure agony and loneliness.

I stared at the luggages filled with clothes and other necessities. A proof of how uncertain and hopeless my life has become.

Why was my heart still beating?

Why couldn't I open my eyes the next day and wake up at the door of eternity?

But that is not an option right. Everything in this world is said to have an solution and ending your life isn't one. They say god give their hardest battles to their strongest soldiers. It made me wonder, whether I fell into that battalion.

Hatred was all I received from my family. My mother abhorred the very sight of me while my dad didn't not bother enough to throw a glance.

The incident of that day was indeed surprising where he had considered my safety as an important issue. Unusual days to occur, however, and I had put that day into that list.

A sigh escaped my lips as I looked down feeling straight up pathetic. A sudden vibration send a funny sound through the bed. I turned back to blue light reflecting to the wall from my phone screen. Clutching the phone onto my hand, I took a look at the one who wished to converse with me in the middle of the night.

A sad smile spread on my lips with drops of tears escaping my dear eyes. I slid the button desperately, feeling the need of comfort from someone unexpected.

?? : Hello Dr. L/N! Honoured you picked up my call

Silence engulfed me as I found it hard to speak and ruin the mood of the person who ecstatically greeted me.

??: Y/N? Are you there? Did my hot voice make you go speechless?

The person said in a chuckle. A shaky breath came out of me unintentionally, alerting the person on the other side of the city of my current status.

??: Y/N? Are you crying? Are you alright.

A frantic voice addressed my status. Alarming myself that the person should not know about it, I tried to stop. However, my bottled up feeling which I held in for so long had taken over as I burst out crying for his name.

Y/N: Jimin..

I let out my tears alright as I hear him panicking on the other side of the phone, but my emotions had gotten me to engrossed to even care about anything else.

JM: Y/N! Where are you?

Y/N: I am at home..

I said looking down.

JM: Is everything alright? Why are you crying?

Y/N: N-Nothing is alright. Everything is messed up