Chapter 9

Jimin was surprised to see the person who had called out for him

Jimin was surprised to see the person who had called out for him. He kept looking at the figure with a lost gaze. This earned him a confused look in return.

"Dr.Park?" She spoke

"Yeah?" He said as he snapped back to reality.

"Are you okay? You are crying?" She asked again

Jimin did not realize he was crying until she told him. He quickly wiped his tears off sniffing it away. He looked at her with a normal expression and spoke.

"Yeah! Yeah! I am okay! Thank you for asking though" He said as he looked away.

'Wow he must really upset to not say anything weird today. Strange' Y/N thought to herself as she looked at the man before him

"Do you....mind if I sit here?" Y/N spoke as she pointed at the empty space beside him.

This got Jimin's attention as she looked at her rather surprised by her offer. The fact that usually she tries to stay as far away from as possible and now she is the one who is offering to give him company has taken him by shock. He nodded as he shook his head towards the empty space indicating that she could take a seat. Y/N sat down beside him hesitantly and took a deep breath. Silence took over the place as the both just shared eachother's company. One was lost in his own world thinking about how things have become whereas the other was having a mental war on how to start a conversation.

"You know....even though we are not on the best terms. You can still talk to me if something is bothering you. It's better to let it out than stuffing it in. It puts pressure on your brain. Your a neurologist you should know" Y/N rambled not knowing how else to start.

She felt an odd need to comfort this man. When she saw him not being his cheerful self but as a down and depressed man, it had upset her somehow. The condition at her home is not at all suitable. It just stresses her put more than anything. Her mother is not at all considerate towards her neither does her father care. Her younger brother? The mention of his name makes her scoff. How selfish he was to leave them all just to have a life to himself. The workplace is the place for solace for her. Despite, Jimin saying offensive stuff to her and making her angry. She doesn't mind. It may make her feel furious but when it does she forgets all her worries at home. He knows how to distract her as if he knows she needs one. This may have been the reason why she hasn't complained about his behaviour for years and just took it in. However, that day she felt somewhat insulted at his words infront of everyone who is junior to her. The humiliation pushed her to the brink of launching a complaint to the authority which was his father. Jimin suddenly chuckled taking her attention to him.

"What's so funny?" She asked creasing her eyebrows despite knowing the answer.

"The fact that your always trying to stay as far away as possible from me but now your the one coming to comfort me" He said as he looked down to his feet which was dangling with a smile.