eight

08

          I WAS HAVING A FASHION PROBLEM. I was currently standing in the middle of my piles of clothes that had been thrown out of my closet. I can’t wear too fancy as I still have to go to school and I can’t dress too casual since I was going on a date with Harry after school. Oh shit. Why was I just realized I still haven’t told my parents that I’ll be home late. Well, obviously I can’t tell them I was going to go out with Harry. Dad will totally be furious about it. Shaking my head at the thought, I looked through my clothes once more and decided to just pick something that was comfortable to wear yet looked presentable for the date. After a few minutes I finally had picked out my clothes. I was now standing in front of my floor length mirror, looking at my reflection. I was wearing a black tank top with a white lace crop top over it and a pair of my favorite black skinny jeans. I had also put my brown hair into a high pony tail to complete the look. Since I had already worn my make up, I grabbed my bag before exiting my bedroom. 

          Dad was already at the dining table with his paperwork like he usually did. He looked up at me once he saw me sitting across him at the dining table. “Hey, honey. You usually earlier than I am.” 

          “Thought I would just relax for a while.” I made an excuse. Hoping Dad bought it and he did since he continued to doing whatever he was doing before I arrived.

          Mum had placed a big plate of bacons and eggs on the table and it smelt delicious. When Mum had given me an empty plate and fork and knife, I immediately dug in the food. 

          “Oh, Dad, Mum,” I started. My parents looked up at me from their breakfast, “I’m going to be late today since I had a project to do with Harry at his house.” 

           “Is his mum going to be there?” Dad asked me sternly. 

          Oh god, did he think we would. . oh. “Of course!” I said it quickly. 

          “Fine then.” Mum answered, “Will you have dinner there?”

          “I’m not sure.” And that was the first thing that I said today that was true. 

“Don’t be home late.” Dad gave me a warning without taking his eyes off his work.

 +

 —Harry

I left my house with a bag slung over my shoulder and a guitar in hand. After putting the things in the backseat, I drove my car to my school. Before I went to school, I made a stop at Niall’s house since he asked me to pick him up for school because his car had broken down and was still in the middle of repairing. To be honest, I liked being friends with Niall. I had gotten closer to him when both Liam and Natalie weren’t in school. Speaking of Natalie, I was nervous for this evening. It’s just me and her and I had been stressing out in making this date worth it. I had the feeling that there was something happened between her and Louis. Once I had asked Niall about it but he refused to tell me because he thought it was the best if Natalie tells me herself since it wasn’t his story to tell.

          Once I arrived at Niall’s house, I honked to signal him that I had arrived. I saw a figure of a boy with a blonde hair wearing the school's Varsity Jacket appeared from the house. 

          “Hey,” Niall said once he shut the car door, “Thanks for giving me a lift.” 

         “No problem, mate.” I began to drive towards our school. The neighborhood suddenly looked very familiar and I wondered why. But then it hit me. Natalie. “Hey Niall, does Natalie lived here?”