epilogue

epilogue

Harry

          THE DAY THAT I HAD HOPED FOR NOT TO COME HAD ARRIVED TOO SOON when Natalie and I were just started have fun with each other. We definitely used the summer wisely with spending everyday with each other. Some part of me thinks that I made the wrong decision right now. I shouldn’t sign up to this band. Status Single was supposed to be a onetime only but now, the name had changed to One Direction and we were already signed to Simon’s recording label.

          I must say, it was really a surprise when Simon wanted us to meet him while we were at school. All the students were star strucked with his presence. I thought I was going to get sued or something for illegally downloading his artists’ music. But no, instead he wanted to have a meeting with all five of us to discuss about our future if we signed with Syco Music. Of course, we were all a bit awed at his offer but at the same time a bit curious on how did he know we existed? Well, he turned out to be Arianna’s long lost uncle and he happened to watch our performance at the prom. We owed it all to her.

          “Harry.”

          I turned around to see my mum leaning against my door frame. She was wearing a sad but at the same time a happy look painted on her face. I knew she would take this hard since I was going to leave her alone in this town. I hadbeen with her ever since Dad left. She refused to find another man to replace Dad because she scared of falling in love again and then the man will just dump her when things didn’t work out. Also, she didn’t want me to turn all bad again.

          “Yeah, mum?” I responded as I zipped my suitcase that I had put on my bed. Nearly all of my clothes I had stuffed in the suitcase leaving only my old and worn t shirts.

          Mum took a deep breath before letting out a nervous laugh, “I can’t believe my baby’s going to leave me.” Her voice sounded shaky and I knew she could break down into tears pretty soon.

          “It’s just for a little while, Mum.” I reassured her, taking her hand in mine when I approached her at my door, “I’ll always be there for you, Mum but you know I’ll have to go away somehow. For University if I didn’t agree with Simon.”

          Mum nodded her head, “I know. Just know that I‘m proud of you, Harry. You have changed so much after you got into the new school. You’ve grown to love music.”

          “Yeah, I’m glad you decided to put me into the school even though both of us knew it was going to be awkward with you teaching me in class.” A smile slipped on my face when I remembered the time we had a small argument on how I protested to go to the school.

          “Don’t ever break up with Natalie, okay? She’s really nice and I liked her.” As soon as she said my girlfriend’s name, my smile had gotten wider. It’s great to know Mum had accepted her and our relationship.

          I shook my head, “Not in a million years, Mum.”

          Mum’s eyes studied my face before it trailed to where my suitcase was placed, “I’ll call you when the boys are here.” She planted a kiss on my cheek before she turned on her heel to walk down the stairs.

          When Mum had left my room, I sat on my bed and took a quick view of my room. This place was the birth place of Status Single. Somehow, Niall did the right thing to call all of the boys to my house. Besides the entire Status Single thing, we all bonded when we wrote the song for Natalie. It took a long time to create the lyrics and the melodies for it but it all paid off after all.