two

02

          Hey, guys. Can I join you for lunch?” A deep husky voice spoke causing me to turn around to see the figure standing behind Liam while holding his lunch tray. I was delighted to see him and my lips curled up into a smile.

          “Sure,” I smiled. He took a seat next to Liam, who was still doing his Math problem after I showed him the formula. “I was wondering where you were. I mean, it’s quite hard to make friends here.”

          Harry cocked his eyebrow to me, “Why?”

          I sighed, “It's complicated. You know how people in high school are so judgmental and choose certain people to be friends with. That's why I have Liam only. He’s a great lad.” I punched him in his arm. He wasn’t bothered with my action towards him. I got to admit, Liam has an amazing figure but he didn’t want to join the lacrosse team. I was sure he will be a good player if he joined and he won’t get teased every day for the rest of the year for being a nerd. But Liam seemed to be okay with all the teasing and the rude remarks from the populars.

          The curly haired boy just shrugged before eating his mashed potatoes. He took a small spoonful of mash potatoes before shoving them into his mouth. He began to slowly chewing it until it slid down his throat. Oh my gosh, I didn't just stared at him eating his lunch . . . “Who are they?” He nodded his head towards the three varsity boys who just walked in the cafeteria.

          “Isn't it obvious?” I asked him rhetorically, “They are the three most top players in the school's lacrosse team which then made them the popular kids of the school.”

          “What are their names?”

          “Gosh, this is starting to feel like the Cullens just entered the cafeteria in Twilight.” I stated while rolling my eyes. I looked at Harry who looked like he didn't seem to understand what I just said. “Forget what I just said,” I shook my head before starting with the introductions, “The blonde one is Niall. The one with the jet black hair with a blonde streak that looked like a cinnamon roll is Zayn.” I stopped to take a breath before saying his name. "The one with the brown quiff haired is Louis. He's like the leader in the group.” I felt a hand rubbed my back, reassuring me and looked it was Liam who gave me a smile. He knew everything about me including my past since he was there when I ate tubs of ice cream.

          “So I take that they are snobs?” questioned Harry.

          “Yes.” I answered without any hesitation.

+

          The next few days, Harry had become one of my friends now since we had a few classes together and he sat with us during lunch. He was not the brightest lot but he seemed to be good in Geography which was a bonus for Liam as he was getting B for it. I counted Harry as a friend although I still wasn’t trusted with him and it seemed like he was hiding a few secrets from us since he didn’t even talked about himself but instead, he rather hear whatever Liam and I want to talk about.

          I got to admit, I liked being with Harry. He made these awful jokes which made me laughed because the jokes were just too horrible. But that didn't stop him from keeping creating jokes. When I spent my time with Harry, it made me forgot about school, my parents, my grades and most importantly my past. I was really glad that I made a new friend besides Liam. I tried to asked him what was his last school was like, he only answered, it was a horrible place and he didn’t even wanted to elaborate on that. I still didn't believe his answer though. My parents still haven't met Harry yet since I was feeling nervous – just by thinking about it – to introduce him to them. I knew my parents won't trust him. They only trusted Liam and Liam only. I also thought that I may have developed some feelings for the curly haired boy. It’s way early to have feelings for someone but I don’t know. Maybe it was only a mere crush.