four

04

          I SAW MY DAD locking his car door with the car remote as he made his way towards the front door. Oh my god, my plan had backfired to my face. What was I going to say to him once he saw Harry? I am in so much trouble. . . I inhaled deeply, trying to calm myself and be prepared for whatever was going to happen in the next ten minutes. Grabbing the key to the front door, I skipped to the door and twisted the doorknob.

          “Hello, Dad.” I faked my cheery tone, “You're pretty early today.”

          “Well, one of my cases has been cancel so I figured I should go home early and see my baby girl.” My dad patted my head with his hand. Oh no, you're not going to call me baby girl soon.

          “Dad, I–“ I started when a deep husky voice interrupted me. Oh boy, it was starting.

          “Natalie,” Harry called me from the stairs and appeared at the bottom a few seconds later, he saw the sight of my Dad and I in the living room and seemed to look guilty since he interrupted our conversation. You should be, Styles, “Oh sorry. I'll go back upstairs.”

          “Not so fast, young man.” Dad put his hand up towards the boy, signaling him to stop his tracks, “What is your name and why are you here?”

          “Ha-Harry sir,” He stuttered. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Taylor. I was here because we had an assignment to do together and we did it here.” He explained to my dad.

          Dad turned to look at me, “Does mum knows?”

          I nodded.

          “Why wasn't I informed about this?”

          I looked up from the carpeted floor and answered, “It slipped my mind?” I said it more like a question rather than a sentence.

         My dad inhaled deeply while closing his eyelids as if he wasn't happy about me not telling him. Well, figures. “Where's your mum?”

          “I don't know. Probably on the phone with one of her workers?”

          My dad picked up his briefcase and walked up the stairs. Harry walked down the stairs to approach me in the living room after Dad had walked past him.

          “Should I go?” questioned Harry.

          I sighed, “Maybe you should. We'll continue tomorrow.” I suggested to him as we began to jog up the stairs.

          Harry packed his backpack with his notes and stationeries while I scanned through the questions, “Only six left. We might finish earlier than the other groups.”

          “The quicker, the better.” Harry grinned.

          I led Harry towards the front door when I was stopped at my parents’ bedroom. Dad had changed into his working clothes into casual clothing and was leaning against the doorframe. “Harry, where are you going?”

          “I thought it's better if I leave, sir.” Harry said.

          My dad glanced at the clock in his bedroom for a while, “It's almost dinner time. Would you like to join?”

          Harry and I exchanged a questioning look before he made up his answer, “It would be lovely.”

         I wasn't expecting my dad to ask Harry to have dinner with us. I thought he was just going to ask Harry to leave as soon as possible so he would scold me. Though, I could be wrong. Maybe he was just acting like he was nice then scolds me afterwards. Ah, if it was true, I already thought it, Dad.