twenty-six

26

          THE SUMMER BREEZE WHIZZED THROUGH MY LONG DARK BROWN HAIR as soon as I stepped out of my house. It was a beautiful day to sit outside so I had decided to lie on the grass of the back of my house and to finish rereading The Hunger Games’ second book, Catching Fire. I decided to read it once again before the movie hit the theatre because I needed to refresh my memory about it although I knew the movie won’t be the same as the book. After putting my cardigan that I was wearing on a patch of grass, I laid my head gently on it before setting off to reading the book.

          I had to say, I had a distinct feeling that loads of things will change after the summer. Such as George and I were planning to go to the same university in London and to study in the same course, Business. To be honest, I didn’t know why I chose to study Business but the thought of being successful and money rolling in sounded fun. But I also knew it was going to be tough with learning accounts that I seemed to not have any interest in. Other than that, even though my relationship with Harry is going smoothly—thank God for that—I know we’ll be having another obstacle in front of us soon enough. All I needed to know and do was to be strong and aware that I had an amazing boyfriend whenever I need him.

          Page per page, I flipped through the book in my hands. Another chapter I had finished reading. Reading outside with the sun out in the sky with the wind rushing past me, it was very calming and I didn’t want anyone to interrupt me as I was enjoying every second of it.

          As I was reading Finnick’s line, the book was snatched from my hands to be revealing a boy who was wearing a grey beanie on top of his hair with a grin on his face that made his dimples visible. Pushing him from my view, I sat up and tried to retrieve my book from my boyfriend.

          “Give it back, Harry!” I tried to pull the book from his grasp.

          Harry seemed to enjoy the whole scene of me attempting to take my book back, “If you struggle so much this book will not be in a good condition again.” This time, he had stood up and raised the book high up in the air.

          I huffed as I knew I won’t get the book because of my height difference with Harry that could be seen very clearly. “Fine, you win.” I told him with my arms crossed over my chest.

          He smiled brightly at me before inspecting the book and scanning through the pages of the book with his dark green eyes, “You’re into this kind of stuff, huh?”

          “Well, of course I do or else I won’t buy it!” I successfully took the book from Harry’s large hands and I wore a triumphant smile.

          A grin took placed on Harry’s face, “Hmm, where’s your parents?” He asked me with his eyes looking at the inside of the house through the windows.

          After marking the page I had stopped reading, I brushed off some dirt from the book, “They’re out to buy some extra food for tonight.”

          “Aren’t you . . . nervous for tonight?” My boyfriend asked me as he settled himself on my previous spot on the grass.

          I gladly joined him on the grass before I replied, “Well, maybe a bit.”

          “I’m freaking nervous because I’m going to meet your Dad and the last time, we got on the wrong foot if you could remember.” He stated.

          “It’s all right. He’s a bit nicer now.” I reassured him with a pat on his back.

          When Dad knew about Harry and I, he didn’t protest or showed any sign of disgust like when he once did when he found out about us for the first time. Although, he never asked or mentioned about it unlike Mum who kept on pestering me with question regarding my relationship with Harry. Since school year was over, my parents thought it would be a good idea to get to know Harry and his mum a lot better since he’s now a part of my life. I didn’t know what to expect for this dinner but I had the feeling that it will be damn awkward but I didn’t want to tell Harry about that.