fourteen

14

          MY PHONE BUZZED from my night stand. Sighing, I took my phone to see a message from Harry.

From: Harry

Wake up, beautiful! Today is the day! I’m sure you will be Sandy. I’ll be at your house in 15. Love you x

          To be honest, I forgot about how today was so important. Yes, if you were guessing today is the day the list of students that got selected for the play then you are right. It had been two weeks since the audition and today is the day the list comes out. Climbing out of my bed, I ran my hand through my messy hair, attempting to make it less wild and more decent. I chose my outfit of the day which consisted of a peter pan collared shirt with a cute flower prints and a pair of my trusty black skinny jeans. They go with everything. Tying my hair in a tight bun on top of my head, I walked into the bathroom to take my daily shower.

+

“Hello, dad.” I greeted him once I spotted him at the dining table doing his daily routine.

          Dad looked up at me, giving me a smile before returning to his work. “So, today is the day, huh?”

          Pulling the seat of the table, I rested myself on it, “Yup.”

         “It’s a good thing you are interested in Drama, Natalie.” My dad said as he shuffled through the papers on the table.

          If only he knew the real reason.

          “Is Harry auditioning?”

          “No, he’s not in to it.”

        A loud horn echoed through my house. I jumped a little bit as well as my dad. Nice one, Harry.

         “What’s that noise?”

         “It’s Harry.” I got up from my seat, “I’m going now. Love you.”

         I could hear my dad muttered something under his breath which I assumed it was about Harry. He never liked the idea of Harry driving me to school because he just didn’t like him. Whatever, as long as I didn’t have to walk by myself to school.

          Pushing the door close, I walked towards the red car in front of my house with a curly haired boy in the driver’s seat. He took off his RayBans that he was wearing to give me a smile. I climbed in the car before Harry stomped the peddle making the car sped off.

          “Are you nervous?” My boyfriend asked, taking a peek from the corner of his eye.

          “Of course!” I exclaimed. “Super nervous.”

“You’ll be fine. I’m sure of it.” Harry reassured me with resting his hand on my thigh.

+

I walked through the hallway of the school to go to my next class. Both of my friends had P.E while I had History. So my life had changed a little bit since I was friends with Harry. One, I wasn’t always getting picked on by the mean girls at my school which I think because I was friends with Harry. Word around the school was that, a lot of girls like Harry. I mean come on; he has curly hair and green eyes. Which I think girls fancies that. So when they saw Harry and I friends, they all acted nice at me trying to get into Harry’s good books. But then, it didn’t work because Harry fancies me then later on we were together.