4

Arriving at the Amphitheater with Ruby and Jaune behind him, (Y/n) notices a familiar blonde in the crowd of students.

Yang: "Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" she exclaimed, signaling her little sister.

(Y/n): "This is where we part ways. I will see you two around at a later time." he said, walking away from the duo and passed by a group of students.

Ruby: "Oh, okay! See you around!" she waves to the (H/c)-haired male before facing Jaune, "Hey, I gotta go. I'll see you after the ceremony!" she says, heading over to her older sister.

Jaune: "Hey, wait!" though his pleas fell on deaf ears, "Sigh… Oh, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl or cool and collected bro to talk to?!" with that Jaune walks away.

Yang: "How's your first day going, little sister?" she asks with her arms crossed.

Ruby: "You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?"

Yang: "Yikes! Meltdown already?"

Ruby: "No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice…?" she says, thinking back to that event.

Yang: "Are you being sarcastic?" she asks, smiling broadly.

Ruby: "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, but Mr. (L/n) was there to help but I felt really, really bad!" she continued, not knowing Weiss behind her.

Weiss: "You!" she exclaimed.

Startled, Ruby jumped into Yang's arms, clinging to her as if her life depends on it.

Ruby: "Mr. (L/n), it's happening again!" she cries out, hoping her pleas were heard.

Weiss: "You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!"

Yang: "Oh my God, you really exploded." she said, deadpanned.

Ruby: "It was an accident." she gets off of her sister's arms and looks to Weiss, "It was an accident!"

Weiss holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST For Dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby's face, who tilts her head in confusion.

Ruby: "What's this?"

Weiss: "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages its customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field."

Despite the long explanation Weiss gave, Ruby still held her confused expression.

Ruby: "Uhh…"

Weiss: "You really wanna start making things up to me?"

Ruby: "Absolutely."

Weiss: "Read this, and don't ever speak to me again." she says, handing the pamphlet to Ruby. "And where is that blind dolt? I'm going to give him a piece of my mind when I get my hands on him." she asks, referring to the eye-covered (Y/n).

[Next to the Amphitheater Stage]

Standing by the stage, the (H/c)-haired softly sneezes. Ozpin, standing beside the young man, takes notice.

Ozpin: "Has anyone told you sneeze like a kitten?" he says, smiling before sipping on his cocoa.

(Y/n): "Silence." he replies, taking a handkerchief from his robe and cleans his nose.

Ozpin: "My apologies, It's just I've never heard anyone sneeze like that."

(Y/n): "Well, since you're here," he begins, changing the subject, "I wanted to know about the accommodation I would be occupying."

Ozpin: "Your single person dorm isn't finished, well, it hasn't exactly begun renovations yet. Once teams are assigned, you will be staying with whichever team you're assigned to until your accommodations are complete. They will mostly be completed by the end of the second semester."

(Y/n): "Hmm… I see. Though I would be feeling like some sort of babysitter for said team until then." he says, which causes Ozpin to laugh bitterly.

Glynda walks up to Ozpin whilst holding her Scroll,

Glynda: "Alright Ozpin, it's time." she says, the man nodded.

Ozpin walks up to the stage with Glynda beside him, (Y/n) simply observing from where he stood. Ozpin walks up to the microphone and readies it.

Ozpin: "I'll…" he begins, his voice echoing across the Amphitheater, "keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills,  and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction."

Those lines began making students whisper among themselves,

Ozpin: "You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far." the students whispers cease, "It is up to you to take the first step."

With that, Ozpin walks away from the microphone and off the stage, walking passed the (H/c)-haired male.

Glynda: "You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed."

[Night - Ballroom - Beacon Academy]

Walking back into the ballroom from changing his clothes, (Y/n) is seen wearing a pair of black silk pajamas. Just as the (H/c)-haired was making his way to his sleeping bag.. 

Weiss: "What in the world is going on here?! Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep?" she exclaimed, she then made eye contact with Yang and vice versa.

Weiss/Yang: "Oh, not you again!"

The young man softly sighs before resuming to what he was doing. Getting into his sleeping bag, underneath his bangs, he closes his eyes and blocks out the commotion around. With that the young man fell asleep.