8

The group is heading out of the forest and into another abandoned series of structures as the Nevermore follows them from the air. They spread out when it passes above, concealing themselves behind the stone blocks with their allies as the Nevermore perches on a high column and lets out a loud caw.

Yang: "Well, that's great!" she says, annoyed.

Jaune looks behind him at the Death Stalker bursting through the forest, heading towards the group.

Jaune: "Oh no. Run!" he shouts, the group come out from their hiding spots, which causes the Nevermore to rise up into the air.

Ren: "Nora, distract it!"

Nora obliges, running out from her spot and jumping through the feather projectiles before reaching behind her and launching several heart-topped shells from her weapon. She is unaware of the Death Stalker rushing up behind her until Blake and Ren perform a cross-slash with their Gambol Shroud and StormFlower against its shell.

Weiss lands next to Nora so she can create a jumping platform beneath them and leap to safety while Blake and Ren are now being chased.

Pyrrha: "Go, go!" she shouts.

Pyrrha stops running beside Jaune and gets out her weapon, firing red shots alongside Ren at the Death Stalker for a second until it reaches them and tries to swipe before (Y/n) accompanies them by maneuvering the attack away with his staff.

The nine of them race over to the ancient stone bridge, not noticing the Nevermore closing in on them until it uses its giant wings to shatter the path right in the middle.

This forces (Y/n), Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Nora, and Jaune closer to the central collection of columns while leaving Blake, Ren, and Pyrrha on the other side with the Death Stalker. Ruby fires at the Nevermore while Blake is beaten back by the scorpion Grimm.

Jaune: "Man, we gotta get over there! They need help!"

Nora: "Let's do this!" she says, running up beside him.

Jaune: "Yeah, but, uh..." he looks down at the misty abyss, "I can't make that jump."

Nora diabolically smiles at him. She knocks him back, turns her weapon to its full-length hammer form, and jumps to the edge of the bridge.

Jaune: "Oh, wait!" it is too late, Nora slams the hammer into the bridge and throws him to the other side, "No, no, no!"

Nora places one foot on the hammer and fires it off the collapsing section of bridge, launching herself to slam her weapon right in the center of the Death Stalker's skull. She fires it just as the stinger comes down to get her, and blasts back again to avoid its reach, accidentally knocking into Blake and making her fall from the edge.

Blake sees the Nevermore above her and launches her whip so the gun's blade sinks into the edge of the bridge, circling around and leaping onto the aerial Grimm's back. She dashes all over its body, slashing the entire time, before jumping off and landing on the ruined platform at the top of the columns next to Ruby, then going over to Yang and Weiss.

Blake: "It's tougher than it looks!"

Yang: "Then let's hit it with everything we got!"

The Nevermore approaching, Ruby, Blake, Weiss, and Yang set their weapons to fire a barrage of blasts at the bird while (Y/n) petal burst to it, landing on it back before bursting again to the very top of the cliff. Closing in to his destination, a black glyph appeared momentarily underneath the male as he propels himself and lands on the cliff.

(Y/n): "Forgive me everyone, but you will not be receiving my help." he softly says to himself as he sees the four leap from one section of falling stone to the next until they reach the higher bridge on top, just below the cliffs.