11

"Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War," a blur zoomed past (Y/n) to the front of the class, revealing a male professor by the name of Bartholomew Oobleck. "Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing the Faunus population in Menagerie."

Oobleck then pointed to his map as he took a sip of his coffee before zooming side to side in front of his class.

Everytime Oobleck zoomed past (Y/n), the young man's top hat would shift from one side of his head to the other due to Oobleck's superhuman velocity.

Oobleck: "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now," Sipping his coffee before zooming around more, he asks, "Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated against because of your Faunus heritage?"

Some of the students began to raise their hands. A familiar student that (Y/n) helped earlier, Velvet, does the same as well.

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" he once again takes a sip of coffee, "I mean, just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

He sees a hand get raised,

Oobleck: "Yes?"

Weiss: "The battle at Fort Castle!"

Oobleck: "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Unseen by Professor Oobleck, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: "Hey!" he exclaimed but before he knew it, Oobleck zoomed over to his face.

Oobleck: "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?"

Jaune: "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage that the Faunus..." he looks behind Oobleck to see Pyrrha, who coughs softly to get his attention, "...had over that guy's stuff was..." he sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer, "Uhh... Binoculars!"

While Jaune seemed pleased with his answer, the class began laughing at him as Oobleck sipped his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead.

Oobleck: "Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!"

Cardin: "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." he said, making Oobleck shake his head in disapproval.

Pyrrha: "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?"

Cardin: "What? You got a problem?"

Pyrrha: "No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark." She explained.

Blake: "General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured." she turns to look at Cardin, "Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure."

The class oohs at this as Cardin soon gets up from his seat, clenching a fist.

(Y/n): "Mr. Winchester." he began, getting the student's attention, "The last thing any of us need is for you to throw a tantrum like some child. So please, sit back down."

As he said this, he hears Jaune chuckling at Cardin's embarrassment.

(Y/n): "Both Mr. Winchester and Mr. Arc will be seeing Professor Oobleck after class for additional readings." he sees Jaune looking at him in shock.

Jaune: "Oohhhh..." he said, his shoulder slumping.

Oobleck: "Thank you Professor (L/n)! Now then! Moving on!"

[Oobleck's Classroom - Beacon Academy]

When the lesson ends, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren come out of the classroom, only for Pyrrha to stop near the doorway.

Pyrrha: "You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune." The two looked at each other and shrugged before going ahead as the red-head stayed behind.

Pyrrha sees (Y/n) walking out the classroom. She took this chance to stop the young professor in his tracks.

Pyrrha: "Professor (L/n)," she began, which causes (Y/n) to face her, "I wanted to know why did you have Jaune stay behind?"

(Y/n): "Well, Mr. Arc is currently lacking in his classes…"

Pyrrha: "But that isn't the case, is it?" she asked.

(Y/n): "If you are simply asking as to why this sort of mild punishment, it was to prevent Oobleck from handing Mr. Arc detention with extra work assigned when the boy has a lot on his mind… I could tell you would like to know why."

To which Pyrrha nods. 

(Y/n): "I may be your Professor but I would not allow favoritism and I cannot let the students I mentor believe that your team or my own are receiving some form of special treatment simply because we're acquainted." He states. "Forgive me if that is rather heartless."

Pyrrha: "No! No! No! I understand what you mean by that." she said, "But still, Jaune-" Ceasing her sentence, she sees Oobleck zoom out of the classroom and past the two. 

Jaune comes out first and Cardin emerges behind him, pushing him to the ground which makes the bully laugh before walking away. Acting quickly, Pyrrha helps Jaune up to his feet.

Pyrrha: "You know, I really will break his legs." she told Jaune before looking to (Y/n), believing he would object on the action.

(Y/n): "During Professor Goodwitch's class you may." he teased, having a finger on his lips, "But you never heard it from me." he smiled softly before reverting back to his usual self. "I should be on my way. Mr. Arc, Miss Nikos." he said, bowing slightly before walking away.