10

A few weeks go by and we see a student named Cardin Winchester with his mace weapon, The Executioner, perched on his shoulder.

Jaune opposite him with his sword and shield, Crocea Mors, drawn whilst leaning on his weapon, appearing exhausted, in the spotlight shining on the Beacon Academy auditorium stage.

He looks at Cardin, who laughs at his tiredness. Jaune gathers his remaining strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for the Winchester boy to jump out of the way.

Jaune looks back with a look of surprise as Cardin swings The Executioner, sending Jaune's shield, and Jaune himself, flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continues to try and attack, but was blocked by the mace's hilt.

Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose."

Jaune: "Over my dead-!" He gets cut off as Cardin kneed him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain.

Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and (Y/n)'s voice causes him to stop.

(Y/n): "That will be all, Mr. Winchester!" He said in a calm yet raised voice, just then, Professor Goodwitch spoke.

Glynda: "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match."

Both (Y/n) and Glynda notice Jaune looking at his scroll, the small screen showing his aura in the red.

Glynda: "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself..." he states before placing The Executioner on his shoulder and walks off the stage.

(Y/n): "Comments to yourself Mr. Winchester." he says, only getting the sound of smacked lips as a response.

Glynda: "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

The bell rings and students start leaving while Pyrrha frowns sadly to the blonde. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame.

[Cafeteria - Beacon Academy]

Nora: "So! There we were, in the middle of the night..." she began,

Ren: "It was day." he corrected her,

Nora: "We were surrounded by Ursai..."

Ren: "They were Beowolves." he corrected her again,

Nora: "Dozens of them!" she shouted, standing at the table where Weiss is ignoring Nora and filing her nails, Ruby and Pyrrha are listening politely, and Jaune is messing with his food.

Ren: "Two of 'em." he corrected her once more.

Nora: "But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren: "She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now." he stated before sighing.

Pyrrha looks to Jaune, who seemed out of it, and asked,

Pyrrha: "Jaune? Are you okay?"

Jaune: "Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?" he asked.

Ruby: "It's just that you seem a little... not okay..."

Jaune: "Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!" he holds up a thumb while laughing nervously.

His attention is then focused on Team CRDL, who are standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears as Cardin laughs at her while his teammate, Sky, holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features.

Jaune's attention soon shifted to (Y/n), who is making his way to the Winchester boy and his team before standing in front of them. This caught the attention of Team RWBY and Jaune's own team, including other teams seeing this.

(Y/n): "Mr. Winchester, please refrain from this behavior of yours and from placing your hands on other students." he told the team leader, anyone near the team was able to hear this unlike the two core teams.

Cardin: "Oh c'mon 'teach', we're only messing around, right?" he mockingly said before grabbing the girl's rabbit ear and pulling it, causing her to cry out softly.

(Y/n) grabbed Cardin's wrist and squeezed it, causing him to release the female student who quickly ran away from the scene.

(Y/n): "Please do not make me repeat myself." he said.

This didn't sit well with Cardin as he soon slapped the student teacher's hand away and got up from his seat.

Cardin: "Don't think just because you're a teacher you're safe from getting an ass-kicking!" he exclaimed as he got to the young professor's face, getting the attention from more students in the cafeteria.

(Y/n): "How charming..." he began, "Say whatever pleases you, Mr. Winchester, but I'm not easily manipulated nor intimidated by simple words like yourself." he stated.

Without warning, Cardin clenched his fist and swung it to (Y/n)'s cheek. The young professor took the hit, causing his head to turn a little, his top hat flies off his head and hits the ground.

The entire cafeteria fell silent as they witnessed this. Cardin gave some confident, cocky smile after this. (Y/n) then turned to face the Winchester boy and cut through the silence like a blade.

(Y/n): "Will that be all, Mr. Winchester?" he asked the team leader with a smile, baffling him.

Cardin smacked his lips and walked away, his teammates following behind. As the four boys left the cafeteria, the young professor began,

(Y/n): "I will only say this once so please listen!" he exclaimed, his voice rang throughout the cafeteria, "You all are future Huntsmen and Huntresses! And some of you are most likely in teams with unique peers, these peers will be by your side throughout your years here in Beacon!"

Every team continued to listen on,

(Y/n): "If you still hold hatred, disgust, or any or animosity towards them and you do not wish to set aside your differences for your teammate like some impudent child, whether they are Human or Faunus, then I would request a Bullhead or two to escort you back home to your families! Beacon is not a place for children!"

This caused everyone's eyes to widen,

(Y/n): "If something like this occurs again, regardless of who you are, there will be consequences! Understood?!" he exclaimed, having the entire cafeteria agree.

The young professor faces where his hat dropped, only to see the girl from earlier holding his top hat out.

??????: "Uhhh... Th-Thank you for helping me." she meekly said, handing (Y/n) his hat back.

(Y/n): "Of course Ms..." he said, dusting his hat before placing it on his head.

Velvet: "Velvet Scarlatina sir."

(Y/n) simply nodded in acknowledgement of the girl's name before walking away to get his lunch tray, the very reason why our protagonist was here to begin with.

Nora: "Awww! He should've broken his legs!" She said as she pouts and crossed her arms.