6

"You monster!!!"

A shout rang throughout the forest, it was soon followed by someone's weapon firing. (Y/n) faces the direction the shots were heard from,

(Y/n): "Oh Dear, it seems the dragon is mad." he said before swerving away from a Boarbatusk and ducking an Ursa's strike. "Now now..." he swung his weapon and strikes at the Ursa's head, "Wait your turn." he smiled.

The (H/c) haired's attack causes the Ursa to drop to the ground. Quickly jumping on its head to dodge, the Boarbatusk missed its attack and butted heads with the downed Ursa which gave (Y/n) the chance to swing his weapon down, breaking the Boarbatusk's skull like armor plate on its head which caused it to shriek in pain before it slowly disappeared.

With the boar Grimm defeated, (Y/n) quickly finished off the Ursa. His smile still plastered on his face, the young man begins to hum to himself as he heads to the direction of the ruins while making sure no students notice him.

[Elsewhere - Emerald Forest]

Jaune: "Did you hear that?" he asked the red-head named Pyrrha Nikos.

Pyrrha: "Gunfire. It seems some of our comrades have encountered the enemy."

The two kept moving the direction they headed. Jaune, still staring in the sound's direction, didn't notice Pyrrha raising a branch to pass by before releasing which swung right at Jaune's face on accident, causing him to hit the floor instantly.

Pyrrha: "Jaune! I'm sorry!"

Laughing lightly at the pain, the blonde male revealed a gash on his cheek from the branches recoil,

Jaune: "It's okay. Just a scratch!" he says as Pyrrha helps him up to his feet.

Pyrrha: "Why didn't you activate your Aura?" she asked.

Jaune: "Huh?"

Pyrrha: "Your Aura."

Jaune: "Gesundheit." he said, unsure of what Pyrrha is referring to.

Pyrrha: "Jaune, do you... know what Aura is?"

Jaune: "Pssh! Of course I do! Do you know what Aura is?" he asked, likely to wave the question off as he didn't know what Aura is.

Pyrrha: "Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts. Have you ever felt you were being watched without knowing that someone was there?"

Jaune: "Uh... yeah."

Pyrrha: "With practice, our Aura can be our shield. Everyone has it, even animals."

Jaune: "What about monsters?"

Pyrrha: "No. The monsters we fight lack a soul. They are creatures of Grimm, the manifestation of anonymity. They are the darkness, and we are the light."

[Elsewhere - Emerald Forest]

Jaune: "Right, that's why we fight them!"

The (H/c) haired male is seen dodging every strike from a Beowolf before him with a smile, waiting for his moment to strike.

Pyrrha: "It's not about why; it's about knowing. Understanding dark and light helps us manifest our Aura. Everyone has some of both."

As the Beowolf brings its claw up over its head, the young man slides underneath the creature before jumping onto its back. Using his staff, he gets his staff to fold on the Beowolf's neck and, with enough force, flips the creature before snapping its neck.

Pyrrha: "By baring your soul outward as a force, you can deflect harm. All of our tools and equipment are conduits for Aura. You protect yourself and your soul when fighting."

With the young man's back turned, another Beowolf jumps out from the bushes hoping to strike the (H/c) haired. (Y/n), with no time to ready himself with his weapon, quickly turns around and blocks the attack causing his robes to get tattered and gashes on his forearms, blood staining the ground a little.

(Y/n): "Now now, sneak attacks are Huntsmen and Hunteresses strategy to strike their prey down." he faces the creature with a smile.

The young man gains some distance between him and the creature with the Beowolf roaring at him as the young man materializes a gauze already wrapped around his forearms and his robes fixed like new.

(Y/n): "Hehehe… I've stared death directly in the face and even they disagree with that." he says as he slowly reaches into his trench coat.

[Beacon Cliff]

Glynda: "The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Miss Nikos." she says, viewing the feed with Jaune and Pyrrha on it.

Ozpin: "Mmmm…" he simply replied, viewing the feed with (Y/n) on it before he switches it to Ruby and Weiss.

Glynda: "I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat." she says deactivating the scroll tablet, "I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes." she turns to Ozpin "Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year?" she's met with silence, "Professor Ozpin?"

[Emerald Forest]

Yang: "Hmmmm…" she says, staring intently at the knight chess piece before looking at her partner, Blake Belladonna, "How about a cute little pony?"

Blake: "Sure. Why not?" she said.

Yang: "That wasn't too hard!" she said, smiling as she tossed the chess piece up in the air and caught it.

Blake: "Well, it's not like this place is very difficult to find." she says, sharing a smile as well.

As the two begin walking away from the ruins, a girlish scream is heard all the way to the temple which causes Yang to turn towards the direction of its source.

Yang: "Some girl's in trouble! Blake, did you hear that?"

Her partner doesn't answer and is staring at something that caught her eye in the sky.

Yang: "What should we do?" she asked, turning to Blake

????: "Heads uuuuuuuup!" a faint-but-growing-louder scream is heard.

As Yang looks up, she sees Ruby falling from the sky.