Stay with me

HufflePuff reader, I got to show my house some support .

First year
Y/n L/N was walking to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast when she found a penny facing upwards on the floor, as she went to grab it she heard a wail. Y/n grabbed the penny and put it in the secret pocket of her robes and let her curiosity get the best of her and followed the noises until she was outside the door to the girls bathroom, she opened the bathroom door and walked in, the noises getting louder, she followed the noises to a small stall and knocked on it gently.

Silence

"Hello?"

No answer

"I know your in there, are you okay?, I won't hurt you, I promise" Y/n whispered, the door to the stall opened revealing a red puffy-eyed girl with messy bushy hair and tear stained cheeks.

Y/n sat down across from her, smiling brightly.

"Hi! I'm Y/n L/N" she announced happily

"I-I'm Hermione G-Granger" Hermione whispered shyly, y/n just continued smiling and threw her arms around Hermione.

"W-what ar-" Hermione stuttered

"I'm giving you a hug, silly" Y/n replied in a "duh" tone still hugging Hermione.

"W-why" Hermione asked

"Because you need a hug and I like hugs" Y/n said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"T-thank you" Hermione whispered as more tears fell onto Y/n's clothed shoulder.

"Hey, why are you crying" Y/n whispered softly, pulling away from the hug to wipe Hermione's tears.

Hermione just shook her head and cried into her hands, y/n wrapped her arms around Hermione and brought her to her chest, holding her as she cried.

"Whoever made a beautiful girl like you cry must be real stupid" Y/n stated.

"R-Ronald W-Weasley" Hermione whispered into Y/n's chest.

"It'll be okay, don't listen to what he says, you are perfect the way you are" Y/n reassured Hermione.

"H-he s-said I h-have n-no f-friends and t-that I-I'm a n-nightmare" Hermione wailed

"A-and i-its true!" She sobbed

"HEY! what am I then, chopped liver" Y/n joked, making Hermione giggle.

"Don't listen to him, you're not a nightmare, in fact I think your pretty neat" Y/n stated.

"Y-you do?" Hermione asked quietly

"YEAH!" Y/n yelled, smiling.

"Come on-" Y/n was interrupted by a loud clanging noise, she quickly turned her head and froze in fear when she saw a giant green ugly troll enter the bathroom with a big brown club.

Y/n and Hermione screamed as the troll swung the bat towards them, missing by an inch. Y/n pulled Hermione down near the sinks and turned to her.

"I-I'll distract it so you can leave and get help" Y/n declared trying to sound brave but failing, Y/n knew she wouldn't be able to even stand right now, her legs felt like jelly.

"N-no p-please s-stay w-with me" Hermione stuttered in between shaky breaths.

"B-but-"

"Please, stay with me" Hermione begged

Y/n looked at Hermione and exhaled shakily

"Always" Y/n whispered and hugged Hermione tightly.

Slam