Friends.

No ones POV:

Hermione Granger was as straight as a ruler, she was Hogwarts' bookworm, she was a know-it-all, often stuck up, and very precise about rules, the only issue was that she had a girlfriend, a secret girlfriend, Y/n L/n.

Which brings us to now.

"Y/n, one more and then you have to go, Ron and Harry will be here soon" said Hermione in a strict tone.

"Fine" Y/n huffed, she kissed Hermione slowly on the lips, savoring the feel of her soft lips, and reluctantly got up.

"But you owe me, woman." Y/n said half jokingly as she made her way towards Hermione's dorm door.

"Yeah yeah" Hermione smiled after she had said it, she was watching as Y/n opened the door, and came face to face with an impatient Harry and Ron, Ron who had his hand in the form of a fist, obviously going to knock on the door, Y/n smiled awkwardly, and waved.

"Uh, hey guys, I was just leaving" Y/n said a bit shyly and walked past them, Ron eyed her suspiciously then turned his attention towards Hermione.

"What's she doing here, you know (your hogwarts house, sorry if you're a gryffindor, you're not for this story) and Gryffindor don't get along" Ron said heatedly.

"Y/n and I are friends, Ron-" Hermione began.

"You're friends with the enemy" Ron cut her off, his tone rising a bit.

"Oh, shut it, Ronald, Y/n is my friend, now sit down and pull out the assignments you need help on" Hermione said annoyed.

"Whatever" Ron gave up and took out his assignments.

—————————————————-
It was the next day, and Y/n was waiting for Hermione in the library, breakfast had started but they always met up for a little bit before they went to the great hall to eat, and if their friends asked questions, they could just say they were sleeping, though this only really applied to Hermione, she was the one who insisted on keeping the relationship a secret, along with her sexuality and of course Y/n accepted it, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt having to be hid, and told to people that they were just a friend, not being able to kiss Hermione when she wanted, no hand holding, short hugs, not being able to look at her too long, etc, it all just hurt.

Y/n didn't want their relationship to be a secret, she had gotten the girl, her girl, she figured that after a month or two Hermione would start to accept it and start to tell people, but it's been 7 months and she hasn't, not even Harry and Ron know, and out of respect for Hermione's wishes, Y/n's friends didn't know either.

As Y/n was thinking Hermione walked in, looking as beautiful as always.

"Hello, Love" Hermione whispered

It hurt Y/n a little knowing that they were seemingly alone and Hermione still whispered.

"Hey, Mione" Y/n smiled.

Hermione went in for a kiss, and it lasted less than a second, Y/n went to kiss her again and she put her hand on Y/n's chest, stopping her.

"What if someone see's" Hermione said scoldingly.

Y/n smiled sheepishly and apologized.

"Er-uhm- Hermione, I was actually wondering about our relationship...(this had caught Hermione's full attention) how long will I-we, how long will we be a secret?" Y/n asked

Hermione sighed.

"Look y/n, you know I lo-"

The library door had opened and in came some third maybe some fourth years.